We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuneo and vicinities

Qrendi, Malta
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cuneo and vicinities

We are going to be in Cuneo on the second week of September. Most probably we are going to be driving. I am finding it difficult to find things to do and other attractions, we are a lot into food and wine, also some activities or places to visit ideal for children as I am going to have a 7 year old with me. I would appreciate some help. ;)

Centro storico
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Historic Walking Areas
Piazza Galimberti
Points of Interest & Landmarks
cattedrale di Nostra Signora del Bosco
Churches & Cathedrals, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Camogli, Italy
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cuneo and vicinities

There is plenty to do in Cuneo with a 7 year old. I have a 7 year old so I know.

Market in main piazza on Tudesdays. This is the largest market in the province.

Take your child to the parks ,one on via degli angeli and one on corso dante, ice cream, merry go round

Take your child go carting there is an indoor track just outside Cuneo on the way to Montenara

Go hiking in Val Stura and Val Maira

Go to Prato Nevosa (ski resort) and there is downhill sledging which is great fun in the summer

Barolo has a nice museum for kids,I think it is toys.

Go toy shopping at the boutiques up and down Via Roma in the historical center

Bike up and down Via degli Angeli which they close on sat afternoon and sunday for cyclists and families

Cuneo has a pool open air just off of Via degli Angli. I think it is called Cuneo Country Club

There is a water park in the Langhe wine area.

20 min drive to Mondovi and take the funicular up to the top of the hill with the main historical piazza, spectacular setting and nice cafes and restaurants around the piazza.

For food and wine:

Food: make sure to go to the food hall on tuesdays near the main open market-

Good restaurant : Le due grappoli on via santa croce

There are boutique food shops around Piazza Galimberti and up and down Via Roma

For wine: go to the Langhe and visit the wineries.

Eat at: Guido Ristorant in Serra Lunga, Il Commercio in Sino.

wineries: decanter.com/people-and-places/wine-travel/5…

Cuneo the city is a wonderful small city not know to tourists so you will be have an authentic experience. Do some research because sept is when the food festivals are on in and around Cuneo. The wine harvest is happening in the Langhe. This is the best time to be in Cuneo and the surrounding areas.

2. Re: Cuneo and vicinities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 02, 2014