We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay near Alba for 1 month?

italy
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay near Alba for 1 month?

Ciao Pietmontare, my girlfriend and I are professional american cooks on a 9 month culinary tour of Italy and Piemonte is our last stop. We are having trouble finding an apartment/flat/villa for 4 weeks, from Oct. 16/20 to Nov 16/20. We are hoping to stay in Alba or nearby town and are looking for a place with 2 bedrooms, as we will be having guests. We obviously cannot afford an Albergo, B & B or anything that will cost a great deal. Many thanks,

Please email or call

london, UK
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay near Alba for 1 month?

Hi Fatchubbychubs,

May I ask you why Alba? Are you going to work there or because it is famous?

Why not other town in Monferrato?

Asti, Italy
Level Contributor
511 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay near Alba for 1 month?

FCC, following up on Hidden's reply, if you are not stuck on Alba because of it's publicity, all of the Monferrato and Langhe area centred on Asti are equally as charming and enogastronomically stupendous. Check out Villa Mimma in Treville, close to Casale Monferrato, charming and inexpensive agriturismo run by a real Italian family, I am sure they could make a good monthly rate for you.

london, UK
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay near Alba for 1 month?

There are many apartments in the Monferrato region that you could rent. You could look at www.homelidays.com or at www.slowtrav.com. Both are reliable as well as tripadvisor.

italy
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay near Alba for 1 month?

Many thanks for your advice. We have found a small apartment in Centro di Alba. We are cooks in Italy for 9 months and are very excited about the entire Piemonte region. Please let us know of any culinary delights that are paticulary interesting and not necessarily well know. I am savory cook and my girlfriend is a pastry chef. Thanks.

london, UK
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay near Alba for 1 month?

I would definitely reccommend the "Bollito misto con salsina verde" and the "bagna cauda". You can find restaurants that offer you these dishes in Vignale Monferrato and Moncalvo. Also the "frittura mista" which is not fish and it is different than what they call fritto misto in Liguria.

For a special night go to "Le cave di Moleto" on aThursday night where you can enjoy a typical dinner and a Jazz concert for 25 €. Booking may be a good idea. They have rooms so you may want to stay there so you can enjoy the evening without worrying of driving back.

Have a great time in Alba and do not forget the Monferrato Casalese region which is less popular but as great as everywhere else in Monferrato.

6. Re: Where to stay near Alba for 1 month?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 27, 2009