We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel form Linate airport to pavia

Which Pavia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
200 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
travel form Linate airport to pavia

we plan to travel by train to Pavia and I understand there is a shuttle bus linking the airport to Milan Station. But can anyone tell me the rough cost of a taxi from the airport to the station. We will have alot of luggage and would like to avoid too much public transport if the taxi is not too expensive.

Thanks

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,979 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel form Linate airport to pavia

There are five direct buses per day from Linate airport to Pavia, which could be your best bet, migliavaccabus.it/pdf/Orari-2009_dal_1_Novem…

London
Level Contributor
200 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel form Linate airport to pavia

Thanks for that. unfortunately we would have to wait a long time for the bus in view of our arrival time.

So i don't suppose you know how much a taxi would be to the rail station?

And also do the trains go direct to pavia from Milan centrale or would we have to change?

Thanks so much for your help

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,979 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel form Linate airport to pavia

Taxis are metered, so it's hard to say (there is no flat rate system as is the case from Milan's Malpensa airport).

Trains are direct from Milan's central station to Pavia (no change is required).

Actually, you could save some time and money by cabbing it only as far as Milan's Lambrate station -- all regional trains en route to Pavia stop there anyway, see www.trenitalia.com for details.

If I were you, however, and particularly since you say yours is a numerous party with lots of luggage, I would either kill a couple of hours in the airport and wait for the direct bus (after all there is a departure about every 3 hours), or book a direct transfer by limo/minivan.

Edited: 2:59 am, September 15, 2010
London
Level Contributor
200 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel form Linate airport to pavia

Many thanks...that's very helpful. There's just the two of us but lots of luggage....so if we arrive in time we'll get the bus...otherwise get the cab to the other station like you suggest.

Much obliged for your help!

5. Re: travel form Linate airport to pavia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 15, 2011