We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day trip From Milan to Lake Como

Milan, Italy
8 posts
Save Topic
A day trip From Milan to Lake Como

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of planning a day trip from Milan to Lake Como. Which places do you recommend me to visit in lake Como? Seeing some past posts, I wish to visit Varenna and Bellagio. How do you suggest I plan my day so as to catch alot from these beautiful places.

Can you please give me some links from where I can see timetables and prices of boats and trains?

Thanks in advance,

Jolene

p b
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
487 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A day trip From Milan to Lake Como

www.trenitalia.it get off at Varenna

www.navigazionelaghi.it/eng/c_areadown.asp Varenna to Bellagio

Rather a rushed day though

Milan, Italy
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A day trip From Milan to Lake Como

What do you suggest then ?

p b
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
487 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A day trip From Milan to Lake Como

It's all dependant on what you want to do /see its only an hour or so from Milan , if you go early enough it will give you a better chance , Varenna is small , there are some gardens in the grounds of the Villa which you can wander around at your own pace if you like that sort of thing , boat to Bellagio is a short trip , much more there in the way of shops restaurants , the Villa Melzi is that side as well .

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A day trip From Milan to Lake Como

TWO best destinations on the Lake. We've done that trip twice and took a train from Milan right to the (fast) Hydrofoil landing then got off at the Bellagio stop and walked with luggage to our hotel. It's a fairly easy trip. Good luck with only making it a day trip....I'd MOVE THERE! ;)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A day trip From Milan to Lake Como

What city is this fast hydrofoil landing located (in Como)?

Europe
Level Contributor
2,423 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: A day trip From Milan to Lake Como

Reply to MrUA1K - Goldieallard was talking about the fast hydrofoils with limited stops (one of those limited stops being Bellagio) from Como city to the last stop at Colico (or sometimes terminating earlier at Menaggio just after Bellagio). These Servizio Rapido are marked in red on the PDF timetables that you can find on that Navigazionelaghi.it website that "pb" posted [ www.navigazionelaghi.it/eng/c_areadown.asp ] - I think Brun066 gave you the link to these timetables on an earlier enquiry of yours.

If you really want to see what their hydrofoils look like, they are the "aliscafo" on their webpage here [ www.navigazionelaghi.it/eng/c_flotta.asp ]. Is there anything else you're unclear about from that Navigazionelaghi.it website [ www.navigazionelaghi.it/eng/c_illago.html ]?

Edited: 6:08 am, June 03, 2016
Milan, Italy
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: A day trip From Milan to Lake Como

Is it possible to only purchase a one way ticket from bellagio to Como and how much will it cost me ?

If yes, what about the schedule , does the schedule below still apply? (from your website)

Bellagio departure times 13.00 (*) 13.30 16.00 (*) 16.40 (*) 17.15 (*)

Como arrival times 14.35 16.00 18.00 18.33 19.37

Thanks in advance

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,413 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A day trip From Milan to Lake Como

Bellagio to Como is €10.40 one way

navigazionelaghi.it/c_download/NLC_Prezzi%20…

Milan, Italy
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: A day trip From Milan to Lake Como

Thanks For your Help !!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
293 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A day trip From Milan to Lake Como

Just curious - we also plan to take this trip (well at least the Bellagio part of it) but I don't want to do the Hydrofoil as I want to take pictures. What would you do as an itinerary? We aren't too worried about seeing anything specific - just want to enjoy the day and surroundings, maybe go into a few shops