We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milan Hen Weekend

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Milan Hen Weekend

I want to book somewhere a bit different for my up and comming Hen weekend in Mid June 2007. There will be a group of between 9 -12 girls mid 20's to early 30's. We can get a good deal on flights and accomodation, but have a few concerns

1. Will, food,drink, and getting into nightclubs cost an arm and a leg ? Can anyone give an idea of costs of a drink etc....

2. What area/hotel to stay in ? I have been offered Hotel Mozart -Piazza Gerusalemme 6, Milan 20154, Italy...any thoughts on this hotel/area ?

3. We want to dress up, have fun, see sights, and do a bit of shopping that wont break the bank and maybe take in a show if we can.....is this the right place to do it ?

Any help, advice, ideas or information would be much appreciated.

Happy New Year

Milano, Italy
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milan Hen Weekend

Hi,

some ideas of costs:

-drink into bar: approx 10/15 euros

-Restaurant: the average price is about 40/50 euros for a restaurant. But you can eat a pizza+a drink with less (30 euros)

-Underground ticket is 1 euros for 1 way trip

For the area to stay, I would suggest to stay in the center or the area near Brera or Navigli. Piazza Gerusalemme is not right in the center but quite near, but there is no underground stop nearby. Anyway, Milan is a small city and you can take a taxi during the night.

I think Milan is a nice city to spend a week end, especially in June. You can have shopping, see sights and go out in the night.

Ciao!

Que
UK
Level Contributor
639 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milan Hen Weekend

This is quite tricky as we really enjoyed our trip to Milan, but to be honest I'm not sure whether it's the perfect place for a hen weekend. I just think that you may be disappointed with the number and variety of places to eat and drink.

To answer a couple of your questions though, the prices for meals and drinks are fairly similar to many cities across Europe and I agree with the last post that the Brera district might be the place to stay - if you want to, you can even get food for free if you are having a drink there.

The shopping is quite good though if that's what you are interested in and there are enough places to go sightseeing for a weekend - the Duomo in particular in spectacular.

I would maybe visit the Barcelona forum and see whether it might be a better choice? If you are looking for somewhere a little different, then Copenhagen is loads of fun and very lively and friendly, but the prices are a bit more expensive.

Malibu, CA / N.Y.C
Level Contributor
465 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Milan Hen Weekend

Milan is definately not the place for a hen weekend ... It's not a fun city renowned for it's partying ... it's a corporate city

Try amsterdam, paris, barcelona, london etc etc ... or if you want to go to italy then rome would be a better bet in my opinion ... my grandma lives in milan & i love the city but not for celebrating ...

Milano, Italy
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milan Hen Weekend

Milan It's not a fun city renowned for it's partying ... it's a corporate city???

Really???

Maybe you don' know Milan at all...

Milan is the most fun and lively city in Italy, more than Rome or any other Italian cities.

There is a plenty of bars, clubs disco, shops and the atmosphere in very nice. Many people come to Milan from all over Europe to attend the Bocconi University and MBA, so the city is full of students (and entertainments for students).

Of course is not London or Paris.

Of course, you have to know where to go...

don't stay in the very central area during the night (near Duomo cathedral), but go to Brera, Navigli and Corso di Porta Ticinese.

Ciao!

UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Milan Hen Weekend

I spent a girls weekend in Milan last month and we had a great time. Its not cheap to party there, but no more expensive than London. Its not a pretty city but the shops (especially the designer ones) are amazing.

We ate in a couple of restaurants that were lovely (although maybe a bit small for a large party). Paper Moon was one - really sweet service and good food.

Clubs and bars-wise we ended up in a club called Old Fashioned that was entertaining, the Just Cavalli bar is great fun (if you don't mind crowds) and we also did cocktails in the Armani Nobu bar which was a slightly painfully fashionable experience, but the sushi looked good.

It totally depends on what you are looking for, but I would definitely consider MIlan for a hen-weekend - just don't go expecting it to be like Dublin or Amsterdam!

Malibu, CA / N.Y.C
Level Contributor
465 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Milan Hen Weekend

"Milan It's not a fun city renowned for it's partying ... it's a corporate city???

Really???

Maybe you don' know Milan at all..."

well ... i've visited milano for the past 25 years - my nonna lives between milano & carate urio in lake como ... i think i'm in a good enough position to offer my advice .... i also work in the fashion industry & I'm frequently in milano working ... the only good nightlife is when the shows are on ... other than that it's pretty boring in my opinion ...

i grew up in paris, london & new york so maybe i shouldn't compare milano to those cities & as far as rome being better for partying i stand by that ... of course you're not going to agree b/c of the whole north - south divide, my nonna is the same ...

Like the above poster mentioned, for designer shopping then milano is way up there but for nightlife it's pretty lame & there is nothing you can say to change my mind ... i'll be in the city from saturday onwards for the shows so we'll see ...

different strokes for different folks ... i guess it's just depends on what you're used too ...

Malibu, CA / N.Y.C
Level Contributor
465 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Milan Hen Weekend

Also ... my younger brother actually studies economics at Bocconi & he's been complaining the past few months about the lack of nightlife ...

Milano, Italy
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Milan Hen Weekend

Tipical American mentality...

Malibu, CA / N.Y.C
Level Contributor
465 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Milan Hen Weekend

"Tipical American mentality."

LOL ... I was actually born in Hong Kong & have no American blood whatsoever ... I guess you shouldn't stereotype!

Belfast
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Milan Hen Weekend

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my post.

I will take all your info on board when making up my mind.

Zam1 and Angeladt ...I guess you will both have to agree to disagree on this one ....Thanks again....