We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Locauto car rental

Brixham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
Locauto car rental

Do not use this company. We didn't actually book with them, but ALAMO, a reputable company we had heard of. When we arrived at Catania airport we were directed to the ENTERPRISE/ LOCAUTO desk.

When we returned our car, a member of staff pointed to a scratch on the wheel trim (retails at 13 euros) We said it had been there when we picked up the vehicle but the member of staff told us that it wasn't significant. We then received an email from the company telling us we owe 412 Euros for the damage to be deducted from our credit card.

We have contacted Alamo to contest this and ask them why they are teaming up with crooks. We will let you know the response.

58 replies to this topic
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
42,275 posts
18 reviews
120 helpful votes
11. Re: Locauto car rental

Their website does list their fees:

locautorent.com/images/…2030mar16.pdf

Donna

Bordeaux, France
Level Contributor
15 posts
154 reviews
63 helpful votes
12. Re: Locauto car rental

Oh Donna, You really don't get it do you ! (and by the way you didn't say if you work for them or not !) The point is not what is in the small print on the back of a contract that 1% of people read... It's not either that I fully accept that there will be a charge if there is damage or a fine... It is the DISHONESTY of charging you an unreasonable amount... over charging is DISHONEST and is an abuse of power. As for your rather strange comments about hotel prices and food prices... it has no relevance what so ever.. the prices are on the menu or hotel booking site. What would be DISHONEST would be to pay 50 euros for dinner then charge you 200 euros for coffee, and say, well it was on the back page of the menu !!!!! Only 1% of customers will ask how much a coffee cost in a restaurant !!! GET IT ????? Yes Locauto / Alamo had a legal right to charge I have NEVER disputed that... what I don't agree with is the level of the charge which has nothing to do with the cost of the damage... email. ABUSIVE ... and WRONG.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
57 reviews
55 helpful votes
13. Re: Locauto car rental

Donna, you still missing the point completely and have decided no matter what, you are right.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
42,275 posts
18 reviews
120 helpful votes
14. Re: Locauto car rental

What point am I missing? The point that you didn't read the terms and conditions of the rental. There is nothing that has been posted in this thread that can't be explained by reading the contract. I'm not sure what you think I'm missing. Can you explain?

Donna

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
42,275 posts
18 reviews
120 helpful votes
15. Re: Locauto car rental

Just to clarify, I DON'T work for them!!

Donna

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
42,275 posts
18 reviews
120 helpful votes
16. Re: Locauto car rental

Jay, why do you claim they over charged you? You assume that the repair will cost a certain amount based off of what your "pro" says but does your "pro" work in Italy and is this "pro" familiar with the costs involved as well as the time lost to the rental company for completing these repairs? Just because you could take your car to a repair shop and have it done for that amount doesn't mean that the rental company in a foreign country can do the same thing and that they won't lose any rental income.

Your remark about the coffee proves my point. If you choose to order something without looking at the price, and the price is clearly stated then you have no one to blame but yourself for not finding that information. Just because you assume that cup of coffee should cost 1.50 euros isn't a guarantee that that's how much it actually costs. What it actually costs in on the menu and if you fail to read that it costs 200 euros then you pay the hefty cost with no recourse.

If you think the charges were unfair then don't book with them again. To come to a forum and call their practices fraud is irresponsible and wrong. There is no fraud involved. If you feel it's a rip off then don't use them again. There are other really good rental companies out there but I think you'll find in Italy that all companies charge about the same fees for reporting fines. Charges for damages vary depending on the amount of damage and the time it takes for the repair but most companies are all within the same price range for these charges.

As for accusing me of anything nefarious, I don't work for any car rental companies, in fact, I own my own business-none of which are car rental companies. My concern is that people will read these posts and assume that what you're complaining about is actual fraud or theft when it isn't. People need to read the fine print, the stuff they are held accountable for. It's not hard to find on any rental website and is very important. There are steps people can take to make their rental go more smoothly and reading the T&C's is one of them.

Donna

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
57 reviews
55 helpful votes
17. Re: Locauto car rental

Perhaps you should work for them; you would be their top salesperson.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
42,275 posts
18 reviews
120 helpful votes
18. Re: Locauto car rental

Do you really need to add the personal insults? I'm trying to educate folks as to how to have a successful rental and what to watch out for and all you seem to want to do is insult me for it. I guess if that's what it takes to make you feel better.....

Donna

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
57 reviews
55 helpful votes
19. Re: Locauto car rental

Your answers continually miss the point of this thread. The more Jay tries to point this out the more you go on a tangent saying the same thing over and over. I don't think he needs education as to how to go about renting a car. Many of us are well educated and well travelled. You do not get the point....I rest my case.

Bordeaux, France
Level Contributor
15 posts
154 reviews
63 helpful votes
20. Re: Locauto car rental

Donna, There are two reasons why I say they are overcharging ... 1) My "pro" as I put it works for Lancia, the same car as I had, he is the manager of the repair shop - so please assume he knows what he is talking about. 2) He told me that a repair like this would take 1 days work - So for arguments sake lets take 2 days or even 3 if you want. I rented the car for 158 euors for 5 days including insurance. 158 euros / 5 days = 31.60 euros per day x 94.8euros. so if you add this on to the 250 euros (max) that my "Pro" says it will cost the total will be around 350€ MAXIMUM ... they charged me more than double that.

Also I would point out that it was a receptionist who decided that the charge would be 750 euros, how could she possibly evaluate the cost of repair ? They know very well that when you turn up at the airport with a plane to catch you can't spend the day discussing the situation.

Please STOP saying two things,

I NEVER said it was fraud ... I said it was a "RIP OFF" it's not the same thing.

STOP saying I didn't read the contract ... I knew that in the event of damage I would pay... it is clear in the contract, what is not in the contract is the actual cost they will charge you.

Everyone will agree with me (perhaps except you) that it is very strange that the " Excess" on the basic insurance cover I took out is.... you guessed it ... 750 euros !

I'm sure they also just apply a 750 euro charge for any damage for anyone who has only basic cover as there will never be an insurance claim filed and people will pay.

Just to finish off.... 750 euros is almost 7% of the price of a new car... ! For a scratch !

Please read in detail everything that has been posted - you will get it - I hope.

Reply to: Locauto car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted