We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in suburbs

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel in suburbs

Since we will be arriving by car, we are looking for a budget hotel outside of Milan near public transportation into the city center . Can anyone recommend a hotel or an area? Thank you.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in suburbs

Being a local I am not the best person for advices on this matter, but to refine your query you'd specify where you are coming from, which direction.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,994 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in suburbs

Agree with my fellow expert. It would help if you could refine your query a bit. Several hotel chians have opened (relatively) budget hotels near the 'tangenziali' (i.e. ring roads) - e.g. Holiday Inn, Ibis, etc. If you tells us where you'll be coming from we might be able to point you in the right direction.

Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in suburbs

we're arriving in Milan by air and will stay in that area for two nights. Then we will head, by car, towards to the Pisa area.

Thank you!

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,994 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in suburbs

So, assuming you'll be driving into the city from Malpensa airport (i.e. coming from NW) you might wish to look at the Holiday Inn Express (which is brand new), the Ibis Ca' Granda, or the Mini Hotel Ornato. All are relatively cheap, located in the Northern outskirts, and with easy public transport connections to the city center.

Personally I'm a big fab of HI properties, but of course it's up to you.

Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in suburbs

Thank you - I will check those hotels out.

6. Re: Hotel in suburbs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, August 19, 2009