We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Scala La Traviata 2 tickets 22 December

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
La Scala La Traviata 2 tickets 22 December

Please if somebody can help me with 2 tickets for the above mentioned date? It is my birthday on the 22nd December and even if I was online when the sale started, I couldnt get any. :( They vanished in just moments. Thank you!

Il Gzira, Malta
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: La Scala La Traviata 2 tickets 22 December

I couldn't find any either :( looking through reseller websites like ticketsinventory and waiting for their replies!

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Scala La Traviata 2 tickets 22 December

It's unbelievable, in just 2 minutes all tickets were sold! Maybe we'll get lucky and find some by then!

petah tikva
Level Contributor
16 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Scala La Traviata 2 tickets 22 December

jais2212, do not despair! Check it up regularly, you could have luck. I tried to buy the tickets for 3th of January, and yes, they had been sold very quickly. But I tried lately several times and got my ticket - not the best and not the cheapest, but still.

You could also try the queue for the gallery in the day of performance - it is not easy but you will have a good chance. I could not do it, because of my arriving time to Milan, but it is possible. See the info here

teatroallascala.org/en/…box-office.html

Good luck

Edited: 9:09 am, November 09, 2013
Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
597 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Scala La Traviata 2 tickets 22 December

Your hotel concierge might well be able to obtain tickets (although at a price -- and even the direct box office prices are stupendous, E252 for the stalls and front of the boxes plus 20% online booking fee).

Be aware, too, that many or perhaps most box seats at Teatro alla Scala will have poor sightlines. The stalls (orchestra) seats would be OK, but those seats appear to be designed for 18th/19th century people (even though the seats obviously are not originals), who were a lot smaller than many people today. In the boxes, only the front seats would have a full view, and the rear seats may have no view at all, depending on how far the box is from the center. And the rear seats in the boxes are just stools, not even chairs with backs.

Valletta
Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Scala La Traviata 2 tickets 22 December

How can you be sure that the hotel concierge tickets are authentic? Do they have some kind of hologram?

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
597 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Scala La Traviata 2 tickets 22 December

If the hotel is respectable, I wouldn't worry. That's what concierges do. To be clear, we've never done this in Milano. But we have done it in Vienna, where Wiener Philharmoniker tickets are impossible to come by. In Vienna, many seats are tied up in subscriptions that have been in families for decades if not generations. Many of those subscribers have no interest in attending, and sell their tickets through the concierges at a very high markup (some of which, of course, goes to the concierge). I have no reason to doubt that the same situation prevails in Milano.

Of course the best way to find out is to email your hotel concierge and ask what he or she can do for you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,127 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: La Scala La Traviata 2 tickets 22 December

A concierge would be out of a job immediately if one of them tried on something like this - it makes no sense.

Many do manage to make magic happen sometimes - definitely worth an email inquiry.

Valletta
Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Scala La Traviata 2 tickets 22 December

Managed to get tickets in gallery (for 4x the original price); how are the seats there? Are they stools like the back of the boxes?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Scala La Traviata 2 tickets 22 December

It's regular seats, but the view of the stage is often somewhat obstructed by pillars and by the people sitting in front of you, unless you're in the (center of) the 1st row.

Valletta
Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La Scala La Traviata 2 tickets 22 December

Hi

I might have 2 tickets for the 28th December Traviata at La Scala.

Anyone interested? I'll be in Milan on the 26th