We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where To Get Sim Card In Airport?

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
613 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Where To Get Sim Card In Airport?

I am heading to Italy in 4 days time and I'm super excited now!!!

I would love to get a data sim card (can make calls too would be good) from the airport to kickstart my trip. Where can I buy and how much will it cost?

I'll be spending 9 days in Italy and 3 days in London so not sure if I should buy another card from London itself. What do you advise?

Thanks for helping :)

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
27 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where To Get Sim Card In Airport?

you can buy a vodafone or tim sim card in their own stores. Not sure if you will be able to access the stores in the airport which tend to be beyond the security control point. In the city youll find these stores everywhere. My prepaid italian vodafone sim works throughout europe.

Edited: 10:17 am, July 28, 2013
Orchards, Washington
Level Contributor
16 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where To Get Sim Card In Airport?

There is a TIM store inside Milano Centrale. Take the train from Malpensa Airport into Milan. This is one of the few stores actually open on Sunday. €15 prepaid worked for 3 weeks, including enough data for Google navigation and email.

Singapore
Level Contributor
613 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where To Get Sim Card In Airport?

Hi thank you for your help. I arrived in Milan yesterday and easily got the sim card from Tim in the centrale station.

Got the 20euro sim card ($10 for new sim and $10 for the data and calls) which includes 2gb of usage and free local calls.

4. Re: Where To Get Sim Card In Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 03, 2014