We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time for a day trip to Lake Como?

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
23 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Time for a day trip to Lake Como?

We fly out of Milan on a Monday at 10:20 pm, so will need to be at the airport by 7:20pm. I'm wondering if we would have enough time to visit Lake Como on this day. We will be spending the Sunday in Milan and have visited here before, so are looking for something different.

Edited: 5:16 am, July 26, 2013
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time for a day trip to Lake Como?

Yes, you would have time to visit Lake Como, you can get the train to Varenna, then vist the other villages by ferry.

Milano
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time for a day trip to Lake Como?

I suppose that you are flying from Malpensa and you start the daytrip from Milan.

If I suppose correctly in my opinion it is possible leaving Milan early with the luggage, leave it in Como station, spend hours in Como or nearby villages (Bellagio for example) arriving there by bus or ferry then catch the train from Como direction Milano, change in Saronno to Malpensa.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
23 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time for a day trip to Lake Como?

We are flying from Malpensa and beginning the daytrip from Milan. I had thought we'd leave the luggage at our hotel, which is close to Stazione Centrale. Then collect it, before catching the Malpensa express to the airport.

4. Re: Time for a day trip to Lake Como?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 28, 2014