We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport links from hotel to city

London, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Public transport links from hotel to city

Hi guys,

I am looking at the below hotels for my stay at Milan this year:

Holiday Inn Nord Zara

Via Cornaggia, 44, 20092 Cinisello Balsamo Milano

Ibis Milano Ca Granda

Viale Suzzani 13/15, 20162 MILANO

I am just trying to figure out what's the best way to get to the city centre by public transport. I will be using a day pass which costs 4.50 euros. I tried to go to the Milan transport route planner but having difficulties inputting the address. If someone could help, that would be great.

Chateau Monfort
Chateau Monfort
#4 of 431 hotels in Milan
The Yard Hotel
The Yard Hotel
#5 of 431 hotels in Milan
Hotel Berna
Hotel Berna
#7 of 431 hotels in Milan
Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,933 posts
942 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport links from hotel to city

The Hotel Ibis is far more convenient to get around Milan by public transport.

Apart from the tram and bus lines (which allow direct links with city centre), from February 2013 the first leg of the metro line n. 5 was opened , which has the station "Ca 'Granda" at walking distance (300 m.) from the hotel.

For a public transport map in Milan (and therefore also of the metro line 5), see the following two maps:

atm-mi.it/it/…ReteMetroATM_feb2013.pdf

atm-mi.it/en/…mappacentromilano.pdf

Unfortunately, the second map, more detailed, does not include the hitel area. However, for the precise location of the Hotel Ibis, see:

https://maps.google.it/maps?q=Viale+Suzzani+13+Milano&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:it:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=it&sa=N&tab=wl

and keep in mind that on this map, metro n. 5 runs under the "Viale Fulvio Testi" (right side).

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,933 posts
942 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport links from hotel to city

In addition, tram line no. 4, which runs along the "Viale Ca Granda", allows you to ride directly to "Largo Cairoli", near the "Castello Sforzesco" (the castle), and close to the station - with the same name - on the metro line n. 1 (red).

Mentioned in this post
Castello Sforzesco
Castello Sforzesco
10,728 Reviews
Milan, Italy
3. Re: Public transport links from hotel to city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 03, 2014