We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milan quick visit.

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Milan quick visit.

We have two hours free in Milan arriving at Milan Centrale Station in September. Would appreciate any suggestions as to best use of this short time. Thanks (3 Australian travellers)

Level Contributor
164 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milan quick visit.

Get the metro to the main sq. Short walk around the square and back. Are you getting a flight or train connection as the airport is a good bit outside city.

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milan quick visit.

Thanks. We are travelling through from Nice to Venice by train.

NY
Level Contributor
3,623 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milan quick visit.

Unless you are going to schlepp your luggage with you, you need to allow plenty of time to check in and retrieve it from the luggage office

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milan quick visit.

Good advice thanks.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Milan quick visit.

Just checked luggage yesterday at Milano Centrale, deposito bagagli, downstairs. While I'm not at all a fan of Milan (I was with my daughter who wanted to see a few things there), I'd take a quick trip to the beautiful Duomo, which is an easy Metro stop. Stroll there for a little while and take the Metro back.

Baggage deposit was quick, easy and secure. We did it twice this past week or so. Good blue signage in the station. 5€ per bag for the first four or five hours. If you have smaller bags, consolidate them if possible, up to 20 kilos per bag.

NY
Level Contributor
3,623 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Milan quick visit.

Yes, it can be fairly quick, but you never know, and you don't want to get tied up on your way out.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Milan quick visit.

Yes, you're right. We probably were unusually lucky each time. I've gotten stuck in other stations in a long line before.

Personally, with only 2 hours between trains, I'd stay in the station and not risk baggage and transport issues, especially in Milan, which I find mostly so unappealing. The risk there outweighs the reward.

8. Re: Milan quick visit.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 23, 2014