We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milan Central - the metro - some questions

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Milan Central - the metro - some questions

I will be arriving at Milan Central train station in mid-June and am I correct in presuming the metro that is signposted in Milan Central train station that is just a short walk away is called the Centrale F S?

Also if it is the Centrale F S then it appears only the green and the yellow lines run through this metro station. Is that correct?

When I arrive in Milan, depending on what time I get there, I will either go to the Duomo first or go and see the Last Supper (I have already booked tickets). I presume going to the Duomo is the yellow line from Centrale F S to the stop named Duomo?

And the easiest route for the Last Supper is the green line from Centrale F S to Cardona (Milano Nord)?

Thank you very much for any replies.

Milano
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milan Central - the metro - some questions

Correct.

Green (line 2) and yellow line (line 3) stop in Centrale FS.

From Centrale:

- to Duomo is yellow line direction San Donato

- to last Supper (Cenacolo) is green line direction Assago - Cadorna stop

From Duomo to Last Supper (Cenacolo) is red line direction Bisceglie - Rho Fiera Conciliazione stop.

http://www.atm-mi.it/en/Pages/default.aspx

A single ticket cost 1,5€

Validity: 90 minutes after stamping. Valid for a single journey on the underground or rail network, including the urban rail lines of Trenord and the 'Passante Ferroviario' (Urban Railway Network).

If you plan to widely use public transports I would suggest to buy a day ticket (4,5€) or a two day ticket (8,25€).

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milan Central - the metro - some questions

Essentially yes - FS "means" Italian State Railways (Ferrovia del Stato), and these letters after the name of a metro station merely indicate metro station serving the railway station.of that name.

Yes Duomo is on the yellow line (M3).

And yes, you can take the green line (M2) from Centrale to CADORNA for Santa Maria delle Grazie.

If by any chance you were coming in from Malpensa Airport and wanted to go directly to the Last Supper, the airport train goes directly to Cadorna anyway.

Milano
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milan Central - the metro - some questions

Be careful to pickpocketing when buyng underground tickets.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milan Central - the metro - some questions

Thank you for all your advice and I think I will get a day ticket as so much more convenient and price wise probably about the same.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Milan Central - the metro - some questions

Yes, if you're going to be using the metro more than a couple of times in the day then a day card is cheaper.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Milan Central - the metro - some questions

congratulations Chorlton_lady for your research. You have a perfect picture about the situation overhear.

Enjoy!

7. Re: Milan Central - the metro - some questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 02, 2014