We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Monopol near Milano Centrale.

Cyprus
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Monopol near Milano Centrale.

Does anybody had experience for hotel Monopol? Have read different reviews and totaly confused now. Is it so bad and the street is full of homeless and criminals now? Would really appreciate your comments. Thank you.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,382 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Monopol near Milano Centrale.

Although I have no personal experience (as a resident, I do not need local hotels), a friend of mine stayed at that hotel several days a week for years, and never had any complaints (except, as I recall, because of the odd noisy customer in the next room, byut that of course might happen anywhere).

As for the area around there, as discussed in the other thread that got canceled, there is no safety issue, but as in all major European cities, one should exercise caution around major train stations.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Monopol near Milano Centrale.

I'm now staying at this hotel, and it's not so bad. But remember to bring your own shampoo and bath gel :)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Monopol near Milano Centrale.

We've said it many times on here, The central station area isn't the prettiest in Milan and there are some homeless people around there but it is quite safe and you've got first hand info from vii39 so it's up to yourself.

4. Re: Hotel Monopol near Milano Centrale.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 24, 2014