We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milano centrale at 01:30 a.m.

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cyprus
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Milano centrale at 01:30 a.m.

Is it true that train station is closed between 1 and 5 a.m.? So, if the airport bus arrives at 01:30 a.m. It will be no people and dangerous to walk even to nearest hotel?

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,994 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milano centrale at 01:30 a.m.

Yes, central station closes between 1 and 5. But this would not impact you, as you must walk around the station.

As I tried to explain in the other thread that got removed, the walk to your hotel is short (no more than 10 minutes, even with luggage), and there should be no problem safetywise.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milano centrale at 01:30 a.m.

The station closes but there's still police around the area because it is the central station area. You could change your hotel and book the Anderson or Michelangelo that are in front of where the bus drops you off.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milano centrale at 01:30 a.m.

Also, you don't say which airport you're arriving at if it's Linate take a taxi, at that time of night it won't cost more than 15 euro.

Cyprus
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Milano centrale at 01:30 a.m.

It is Malpensa airport and I book Monopol hotel due to a low budget. But after seeing on map that it is on the small side street opposite to a bus drop stop makes me worry to walk at night. Thank you.

5. Re: Milano centrale at 01:30 a.m.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 22, 2014