We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private transfer Milan to Venice port

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sarasota, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Private transfer Milan to Venice port

We will be spending three days in Milan prior to a cruise from Venice.

Taking the train has been eliminated as an option.Need recommendations for private car service.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,966 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private transfer Milan to Venice port

Cannot help you with specifics, but this is going to be an expensive option. You might do well to google "limo service" in Milan - I don't think any Milanese taxis are going to drive you to Venice.

For the driver, it will be a 6-7 hour round trip, so if in fact you can find a taxi, that's a pretty hefty taxi fare. How many of you are there? How much luggage?

Have you thought of seeing whether EasyJet flies that route?

I googled "milan airport transfer service" and got several hits - they might be willing to negotiate a longer trip. I did find this place:

charmingitaly.net/area/milan_3/private-trans…

which advertises about $140 and up per person, but I'm guessing that's a four-person price. You'd have to go through their quote menu to find out.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,658 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private transfer Milan to Venice port

Milan to Venice is some 275 km (170 miles). A driver would want to be paid for a return trip, so I would think it would cost at least €550.

There are no direct flights from Milan to Venice, although Alitalia can take you via Rome for under €100.

3. Re: Private transfer Milan to Venice port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 18, 2014