We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cadorna Train Station

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
464 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Cadorna Train Station

How far is the Cadorna Train station from the Duomo area and from the Hotel Gran Duca di York?? Has anyone stayed there or Alle Meraviglie??

Is the station walking distance?

I have a 9:45am flight back to the states-What time do you think I need to get the train to MXP airport?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
York
York
North Yorkshire, UK
Malpensa Airport
Malpensa Airport
Ferno, Italy
Chateau Monfort
Chateau Monfort
#4 of 431 hotels in Milan
The Yard Hotel
The Yard Hotel
#5 of 431 hotels in Milan
Hotel Berna
Hotel Berna
#6 of 431 hotels in Milan
Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cadorna Train Station

I've walked from Duomo to Cadorna a few times, altough it cannot be considered "close", it is for sure doable.

It all depends if you are willing to walk not less than 25 mins, if you are carrying ur luggage whether you are willing to walk that distance.

Taxies in any case are freely available in front of the Cathedral.

The Malpensa express takes 40 mins to get to its destination, you have to be at the airport at least 2 hours before...to you the math

Ciao

Mentioned in this post
Malpensa Airport
Malpensa Airport
Ferno, Italy
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
464 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cadorna Train Station

Thanks Milano76

The Hotel Gran Duca di York?? or Alle Meraviglie?? Do you know anything about these two hotels?? Which is better or worse??

Mentioned in this post
York
York
North Yorkshire, UK
Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cadorna Train Station

Sorry, but never used an hotel in this city. You might want to have a look at the reviews section, if havent done so yet...

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
464 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cadorna Train Station

Milano76

Not much reviews on these two hotels---The Hotel Gran Duca di York?? or Alle Meraviglie?? Well there's a few on Gran Duca--the most recent one is not good--just wondering if you knew anything more--being in Milano--thanks

Mentioned in this post
York
York
North Yorkshire, UK
FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,753 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cadorna Train Station

See, the problem is that local experts -- unless they are involved in the hotel business -- may or may not be familiar with many hotels in their area, the reason being that we live here, so we don't generally need to overnight in a hotel...

That said, this Alle Meraviglie place seems to be a newly established inn in the historic section of Milan near the Duomo and -- judging from its own website -- www.allemeraviglie.it -- looks a little conceited to me. I would say that -- assuming you are not coming during a trade fair in Milan, in which case room rates go through the roof -- you should be able to find something in a good, solid value 4-star hotel if you are willing to spend the kind of money Alle Meraviglie is asking (around 200 euro per nigh invl. breakfast).

Example: I saw by chance that the Madison Hotel (a 4-star hotel highly rated on this website) has bargain rates in June. Check out www.bookings.ir or www.venere.com.

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
464 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cadorna Train Station

Hi FF and thank you-- I'm having a slight problem in finding a nice place to stay for two nights in Oct for myself and my mother I wanted something near the Duomo and somewhat near the Cardona station for the train to the MXP--Do you have any suggestions? We will only have a day and a half in Milan and needed to make the most of it with a central location in the historic center

Mentioned in this post
Malpensa Airport
Malpensa Airport
Ferno, Italy
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,753 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cadorna Train Station

DCA, I would say that as long as the hotel is near public transport (subway in particular) any location would be OK. Central station is only 4 subway stops away fromn the Duomo, for instance. If I were you I would use a hotel reservation website to find out best possible rates right now, and crosscheck that info with hotel reviews on this website prior to making a choice.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
726 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cadorna Train Station

We stayed at the Starshotel Anderson, highly rated and in my opinion, well worth the rating. The subway, like so many in Europe, is a fantastic means of transportation and we used it all the time we were there. it is easy to understand and easy to use, so the location of the hotels is not really an issue.

Being near the Duomo is not required and the subway makes everything accesable quickly.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
9. Re: Cadorna Train Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 13, 2009