We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a Week Trip in Milan Area

Tirana, Albania
Level Contributor
185 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a Week Trip in Milan Area

I will be traveling to Milan for a week for my birthday. Here is my tentative schedule so far:

Feb. 14 (Thursday): I get to Milan in the afternoon. Go to La Scala for a ballet that evening. Sleep in Milan.

Friday: Take the train and go to a resort in Mount Bondone in Trento. Celebrate there with friends and family for the evening and enjoy the snow and skiing there until Sunday.

Saturday & Sunday: Mount Bondone, Trento

Monday: Go to Lake Como in the morning and spend all day there. Take the train and go to Tortona on Monday evening (visit with a cousin). Sleep in Tortona

Tuesday: Visit Alessandria area on Tuesday. Sleep in Tortona.

Wednesday: Go back to Milan on Wednesday morning for shopping. Go to the stadium in the evening for Milan-Barca game. Sleep in Milan

Thursday: Take off from Malpesa in midday.

Do you have any suggestions for the itinerary? I want to include Genoa or Florence as well. Do you think I should skip visiting Alessandria area and, instead, do on Tuesday a day trip to Genoa or Florence and return back to Tortona for the night? Or should I skip one day in Mont Bondone and leave on Sunday rather than Monday for Lake Como just so I can gain one more day for Genoa/Florence trip, in addition to Alessandria? Or is too tiring doing any of them in one day I should stick to leisuring around Alessandria area?

Would you suggest Genoa or Florence? I have never visited either of them. Are there still traces of the Durazzo family in Genoa? Can you suggest some places to go at each of the cities?

Sorry for all the questions, I like to be very organized in my trips and with as little as possible surprises, accidents or misses. You may never get the chance to go at the same place again. Grazie mille!

1. Re: Planning a Week Trip in Milan Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 08, 2014