We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel kettle

Save Topic
travel kettle

Hi its Sunday in Milan. I'm hoping to go out and get a travel kettle. Anyone is able to help me? There is no kettle facilities in the hotel and I need my caffeine fix. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,884 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel kettle

Probably the reason that a kettle is not supplied is that the hotel does not allow any cooking in the rooms because of the fire hazard. That would include the use of kettles.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,448 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel kettle

We have a travel kettle, have taken it to Venice and other parts of Italy countless times, we do not hide it or anything as yet not one complaint,

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel kettle

I have a trave kettle and use it in all Cities in Italy as well as Milan. They turn a blind eye.

You will probably find one at Dico (I think that is the name), at the underground at San Babila. It is a large Electrical Supply Chain. You will not miss it.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel kettle

You only find tea and coffee facilities in the big chain hotels like Hilton but having a coffee in a bar is very cheap as long as you don't sit down and drink it at the counter.

Save Reply
5. Re: travel kettle

Thank you, lifesaver! The shop name is Darty but the direction Is spot on!

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel kettle

Aaah, Darty! I bought my hairdryer there!

Greater London...
Level Contributor
160 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel kettle

I had been looking to get a kettle as well and have found them at GranCasa, MediaWorld (sp ?) and Lidl.

8. Re: travel kettle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 05, 2014