We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epiphany 2013 in Milan

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
13 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Epiphany 2013 in Milan

Hi,

I supposed to be in Milan during the celebration of Epiphany on January 6, 2013. Can anybody tell me what time the Corteo dei Re Magi (Procession of Magi Kings) starts its march from Duomo to Sant’ Eustorgio? What is the program of that celebrations and Corteo dei Re Magi? How much time does it take to follow the procession?

And the last question is “Are Milanese shops, churches and basilicas going to be opened and work on January 6?”

Thank you in advance for your help and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Oleg

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
729 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Epiphany 2013 in Milan

Hi Oleg,

the procession of the Three Kings (I Re Magi) leaves from Duomo Square at 11.45 h. and reaches the Basilica of Sant’Eustorgio at 12.40 h.

Approx. this is the detailed planning:

12.15 h : stop at the Basilica of San Lorenzo for 15 minutes for the meeting between the Wise men and King Herod.

12.40 h: arrival at Piazza Sant’Eustorgio, offering of gifts at the living nativity scene and participation of the city authorities.

All Churches and Basilicas are open but I believe that most of the shops will be closed, except the ones in the hystorical center area.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
13 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Epiphany 2013 in Milan

Mimosa15,

Many thanks for that information.

Cheers,

Oleg

3. Re: Epiphany 2013 in Milan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 23, 2013