We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Can I reduce transportation costs in Milan?

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
How Can I reduce transportation costs in Milan?

Anyone know the cost of taking a taxi from Milan Malpensa to Milan City Center near the Cathedral? Any other tips on economical ways to travel around Milan? Is the cost of renting a car for a week better than the cost of trains, buses, taxis for 7 days?

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Can I reduce transportation costs in Milan?

Hi JackDZACK012

welcome to the Milan forum.

We have spent lots of time collecting all the info you are asking :)

Taxis Malpensa to Milan city center: fixed rate 90€

Please read here tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187849-s302/Milan:It…

Moving from/to the airport: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187849-s301/Milan:It…

The second question: car versus trains depends on where you have to go. Please check the train rate and the car weekly price.

Here there is an article with the public transport rates: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187849-s303/Milan:It…

(maybe you are interested to 'Io viaggio Ovunque in Lombardia' rate, that can be used on every public transport service throughout the Lombardia region).

regards..

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Can I reduce transportation costs in Milan?

You would have to be insane to want to drive in central Milan. The traffic plays by local rules, and parking is very expensive.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Can I reduce transportation costs in Milan?

To move around Milan you have 2 main ways: public transport and bike sharing, car is totally out of the question unless you need to go out of town, and even in that case I'd recommend trains. Since you will be mainly moving around the centre of town, bike sharing is a very efficient way of moving around and it's quite cheap. Go to www.bikemi.com and check for yourself.

ciao

Claudio

Edited: 5:22 am, October 10, 2012
4. Re: How Can I reduce transportation costs in Milan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, December 15, 2013