We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! I need to get as much as posssible done in a day!

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tennessee
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help! I need to get as much as posssible done in a day!

Is it possible to see the major site: Duomo, Santa Maria della Grazie, Galleria Vittorio Emanele in 1 day. I know I have to have reservations in advance for the Last Supper. We are planning on going in Jan. and am hoping to fit as much as possible in one day so we can allot more time to Rome and Florence. Do you recommend any other sites as must sees. Thanks!

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,097 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! I need to get as much as posssible done in a day!

Yes, you can ''do'' all in one day -- assuming you have a reservation for the Last Supper. Actually, you could probably also squeeze in the Castello Sforzesco and the Brera art gallery if you have one full day i.e. from say 9 AM to 7PM. All the sites are within relatively short walking distance.

Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! I need to get as much as posssible done in a day!

I read somewhere that the front facade of Duomo is completely covered up in scaffolding. Does anybody know when the scaffolds will be removed?

If I have only 1 day to spare, should I choose Milan or Turin. We are driving a rented car from Monaco enroute to Interlaken, with an 8 year old son, who has bird appetite for art museums and shopping.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,097 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! I need to get as much as posssible done in a day!

Yes, the main facade of the Duomo will be covered with scaffolding until approx. end 2007 (all other sides are open, though) and you can visit both the interior and the amazing roof. As for choosing between Milan and Turin, although I live in Milan, I am partial for Turin, a town with a character of its own and the flair of a major capital city (which it was -- it was the first capitqal of Italy!) - see www.turismotorino.org.

Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! I need to get as much as posssible done in a day!

Thank you very much, FF for your frank and sincere reply which is greatly appreciated.

London
Level Contributor
206 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! I need to get as much as posssible done in a day!

It is possible to cover the Duomo (including roof), Galleria VE II, Brera, Ambrosiana and Museum of Technology in one day - I managed it in early January this year as a reconnaissance to see how feasible a visit would be with my wife who uses a wheelchair (very). It is quite possible to do it although it was decided coldly and there were fewer people around than I'd expected.