We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monza F1 - Best seats to buy

sydney
4 posts
Save Topic
Monza F1 - Best seats to buy

Hi everyone,

I'm planing to go the F1 in monza this year and i was wondering what seats i should get.

Due to my limited budget i was considering the following:

Stand 5 Piscina

Stand 11 Serraglio

Stand 17 Junior

Stand 21A/B/C/E Parabolica

Stand 23 Parabolica Interna

Here is the website that has a map of the stands: https://www.italiangp.it/index.asp

Any advice ?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,510 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monza F1 - Best seats to buy

I haven't personally watched the race from any of your choices but our friends always book the Parabolica 21 bcoz it's just before the bend & the cars slow down so it's very good for photos. If you're going to be at the race for the whole weekend on the Friday they don't check anyones tickets so you can sit anywhere in any tribune. Whichever tribune you decide on when you request your ticket ask for a seat right in front of the giant TV screen, all the tribunes have TV screens but if your seat is at the extreme left or right of the tribune you don't get such a good view & it makes it more difficult to follow the race.

A bit of advice regarding pickpockets, the place is full of them, their main targets are people with rucksacks so keep any cash, credit cards & camera's in a safe place. They're mainly Gypsy children & mingle with the crowds especially around the merchandise stands & food places. So beware.

sydney
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Monza F1 - Best seats to buy

thanks for your advice!

i am prob going to buy my tickets from monzanet: www.monzanet.it/eng/eshop_tickets2.aspx…

However it dosent look like you can choose a specific seat. Is this something that i need to request via email?

Two more quick questions.

Are you allowed to bring any food or water to the track ?

And once the race is over is it going to be absolute mayhem getting back to milan by public transport?

Sheffield
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monza F1 - Best seats to buy

You sound most knowledgeable Chrella.

I am also in the process of booking multiple tickets for the Monza Grand Prix for 8 of us as we are flying over to celebrate my girlfriends 30th birthday.

We are torn between Stand 8, Primo Variente - being the chicane at the end of the starting straight, and Stand 12, Variante Ascari. As we are staying in Monza, on which side does the bus take us? Is there a drawback with either stand?

Also, I presume Monza will be chaos on Sunday night, in which case I presume we should book a restaurant to celebrate Button's win. Do you have any favourites?

Regards

Italy
Level Contributor
39,510 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monza F1 - Best seats to buy

nins, you can't choose seats on the website but if you send an email to Andrea Vignani at vignani@monzanet.it he'll do his best to help you. Bcoz we know the specific seats we want in our tribune I always request the same numbers adding that if it isn't possible to get thise seat numbers to give us seats around there, he always replies that he can't guarantee anything but up until now we've always received the same seats every year & we're always beside the same Ranualt & Trulli fans who also ask for the same seats so I'm sure there won't be a problem asking for seats with a good view of the TV screens.

You can take food & drink to the circuit, that's not a problem, a lot of people do this bcoz it's very expensive at the circuit.

Regarding getting back to Milan on Sunday evening, it really depends on how quick you leave the circuit but Monza is very well organized and the buses leave continually, it's about a 10 minute bus ride to the station & then another 10 minutes by train to Milan Central station so if you don't have a seat it's OK bcoz the journey is so short.

coolblade, Primo Variante is better than Ascari bcoz of the chicane. At the start of the race all the cars are all bunched up at this chicane & thats where cars get shunted off & the 1st overtaking takes place. As you know in modern F1 all the overtaking is now done in the chicanes so thats the best place to be.

I can't help you with Monza as I always stay in Milan but there are 2 buses that leave from Monza; the blue line leaves from the Monza football stadium & the black line leaves from the Monza train station so you'll have to check which one is nearest your hotel. No matter which bus you take they don't drop you off inside the park but at the entrance so allow about 40 minutes walking time to get to any of the tribunes. I would wait before reserving a table to celebrate Buttons win coz if my Montoya has anything to do with it you'll be feasting on bread & water. LOL

sydney
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Monza F1 - Best seats to buy

thanks for all your help Chrella.

i managed to get in touch with monzanet to get a good seat.

could u suggest bars/clubs etc in milan to celebrate at after the race is over?

Also, i have heard rumours that people have been making noise complaints about the f1 and want the race moved from monza. have u heard of any news of the race being called off?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,510 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monza F1 - Best seats to buy

nins, head off to either the Naviglio or the Brera areas they're full of restaurants & bars.

There's a ruling due this week on the noise complaint, but even if it goes against the circuit the Italian government will step in.

The only thing that Monza is famous for is it's GP so I don't think there's a chance in hell of them cancelling it bcoz 2 people out of a 120,000 population find it noisy, there would be riots. I could understand Imola bcoz the circuit literally backs on to peoples gardens but the Monza circuit is inside the enourmous Villa Reale park where there are no houses whatsoever. In fact it's a long trek to the tribunes when you get off the bus.

Winchester, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monza F1 - Best seats to buy

Looks like soemones clued up on the venue!

We sat in Prima Variante 8 last year and had fab seats in the top tier, I can confirm the view is excellent on the chicane. Does anyone know how the view from stand 6a/c compares?

Also, buses are mad and it is a long walk, but it all adds to the atmosphere to make Monza such a great event, go, drink, enjoy!

Hamilton it will be....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monza F1 - Best seats to buy

Hey Chrella..

You have alot of insight on the GP... I was at the Australian GP yesterday...There is talk that Australia might lose the GP... Whats the news there??

It was my first time(even though temps were 37 C +)..

It was fantastic. My brothers and son have been going for years. Loved it, would like to keep going..

Ciao:)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,510 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monza F1 - Best seats to buy

dim123, glad you enjoyed it. The atmosphere's great isn't it. I doubt they'll take the race away from Australia, up until 1995 it was held in Adelaide then they switched it to Melbourne because it was more central for fans, there's always talk that they'll take Silverstone out but it never happens. I don't know about Sydney but there's a pub in Melbourne called the Charles Dickens tavern where all formula 1 fans gather to watch the races I visited it a few years ago & couldn't believe it, the place was jam packed & everybody was all dressed in their favourite teams gear.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monza F1 - Best seats to buy

Yes the atmosphere was amazing, and everyone in team colours!! Ferrari always dominant, but definately many Lewis Hamilton supporters! My son one of them..

There is talk that Sydney may host the GP,which would be brillant for us, but also heard that it may go to India!!! Who knows.. As you said there is always talk, and we are happy to travel to Melbourne...

Goodluck to Ferrari next round!

Ciao:)