We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve in Milan

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve in Milan

Hello!

My boyfriend and I have booked flights to Milan over new year... we can't wait! Two questions

1. Are there fireworks? A street party? etc where? and do we need tickets or to pre-book?

2. Are lots of restaurants likely to be closed? (I've read some forum comments on here saying that this was the case, but they are from several years ago and am hoping this may have changed???)

Thanks in advance

x

Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour...
1,188 reviews
from $160.70*
Lake Como Day Tour, Bellagio or...
1,444 reviews
from $98.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Milan Half-Day Sightseeing Tour
3,781 reviews
from $86.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: Small-Group Milan...
1,108 reviews
from $87.20*
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
103 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve in Milan

Have you booked accommodation?

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve in Milan

Not yet no.

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
910 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve in Milan

I always did private party/dinner for new year's eve, so I'm not sure, but usually there are fireworks in the park on the back of the Castle and a lot of small fireworks done by the ones who are partying at home. Probably there will be "party areas" with attractions and guests. Usually there is one of this in the gardens of Corso Venezia, near the natural hystory museum. Many restaurants will be closed, but many others will do a special dinner (it's better to reserve in advance). Most of the discos will be open as well.

Edited: 8:11 pm, September 21, 2011
Derbyshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve in Milan

Thank you, really appreciate your reply.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve in Milan

Just a little update, in case anyone stumbles across this searching for things to do in Milan for NYE, as I originally did.

We spent NYE of 2012 in the Navigli (canal) area. Most of the restaurants seemed to be open although most were fully booked and we regretted not having made a reservation. We did however find somewhere to eat, and had a nice meal.

Very impressed with the bar that we ended up in a midnight - first drink cost 10 euro but that covered an impressive looking buffet (which we didn't eat, but it did look very good - whole lobsters, salmon etc, all very well presented), streamers, party hats etc etc and a glass of champagne which we had topped up at least once.

LOADS of fireworks set off in the street. Excellent party atmosphere - would definitely recommend heading to this part of town on NYE, although suggest you book in advance!

Debrecen, Debrecen...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year's Eve in Milan

Hi! We are heading to Milan this NYE and was wondering if you remember the name of the bar where you went, in case I can look it up and make a reservation. Thanks alot, monika

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Year's Eve in Milan

Hi - sorry, absolutely no idea. We got the impression you needed to book at restaurants but lots of the bars had impressive buffets and didn't seem to have to pre-book.

Hope you have fun.

Debrecen, Debrecen...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New Year's Eve in Milan

OK. Thanks anyway!

Milan, Italy
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: New Year's Eve in Milan

Hi!

I can suggest this website to book dinner and/or after dinner New year's eve party in Milan, http://www.capodannomilano.org/eng/

You can find clubs, restaurants, discos or Villas, it is very easy to surf through and it's also possible to book online!

The staff is very professional and kind.

Hope it is useful for you, have a good time!

Debrecen, Debrecen...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: New Year's Eve in Milan

Thank you! We are so looking forward to kick off NYE in Milan!