We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware when u r in the metro in Milano

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beware when u r in the metro in Milano

I read on lonely planet that around duome tourists must be carefull, and it alsmost happened to me.

I took metro red line from Duomo, and when I was about to enter the metro, suddenly 1 big guy (185ish looks like eastern eu and seems to always wear something dark) bumped me from behind and get in front of me. When he was inside the metro and I was about to get in, he pretended to drop his sunglass, and he grabbed my ankle, I dunno for what, and he started to say something in italian to me.

Then I just remembered that the day before at the same place this guy with I think at least 1 of his friend trying to enter the metro when the door was almost closed, and they were inside for few seconds and get out again just when the door closed.

So when he said something to me in italian, I just said no no no, and I tried to get out from him and get out from the metro and move to another compartment.

I dunno his trick or his scam, but Im sure that he is dangerous for tourist.

So beware

Milan Private Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Milanoguida
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Italy Segway Tours
Segway Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Neiade Immaginare Arte
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
montreal
Level Contributor
633 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware when u r in the metro in Milano

Thanks for the warning . It happened to my friend in Catalina airport . We were waiting to get on a bus for Syracuse then one man just got on ahead of my friend , looked around and got out when my friend got in . Just in a 1 second that both of them were in a narrow passage , one on , one off he had enough time to steal 500 Euros that my friend kept in his deep pocket. and my friend was not aware of that until we reached Syracuse and tried to find money to pay for our hotel !!!

So from now on , just a few euros in a pocket , the rest is under his shirt!!

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware when u r in the metro in Milano

jardinpr - you should post in the Sicily Forum of your friends problem in Cantania. Even better, your friend should post for a warning.

Must be the new 'ruse' since it apparently happened in Milan too.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware when u r in the metro in Milano

how strange! That someone tries to rob you in the metro...wow, can happen only in Milan, never heard it elsewhere!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware when u r in the metro in Milano

No, it happens all the time in Rome, always on the packed red line.

5. Re: Beware when u r in the metro in Milano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, January 29, 2012