We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do you think about Milan?

Anaheim
1 post
Save Topic
What do you think about Milan?

Hi ALL!!! What do you think about Milan? In my opinion, Milan is very stylish city. I went to Milan on a 5 day visit in August 2005. This was my first visit to Milan and I had a great time there. I stayed at excellent hotel in the center city, which I found on the 1st-milan-hotels.com web page. I got to walk on the roof of the Duomo and saw all the way to the mountains. On Via Montenapoleone I found a lot of prestigious boutiques. Milan is the city where the world famous italian design is born and still lives: you'll find here not only the glamorous fashion showrooms, but the history of industrial design (Artemide and Flos lamps, Kartell furniture, Alessi kitchenware...and many others). And if you like such kind of thing, April is a wonderful month: with the Furniture Fair all the city is open for designers exibitions and happenings. There are hundreds and hundreds of bars, lounge bars, wine bars, pubs, cafes, bistros, wine cellars, live music bars and lots of others besides. So what?

Manchester
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: What do you think about Milan?

Living in Manchester, I LOVE being near the city and I think Milan is amazing! I love the shops...and the style of the people walking in them! It's fatastic. Nobody looked dull and the people seem to really make an effort to look good. I love trying to be part of that! I love the style of the buildings...everything looks like a lot of time and effort has gone into the design. The football is fantastic...going to see Milano play is quite different from watching a match in England. The reaction I get when I try speaking bit of Italian is encouraging and makes me feel good, even when I'm not that confident! I love trying to be part of a it all, rather than just being a 'tourist'.

Manchester
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: What do you think about Milan?

I meant FANtastic!!! (Sorry!)