We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milan or Rome

Gatineau, Québec
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Milan or Rome

I'll be in Italy for 15 days in May. Arriving in Rome and wondering if I should depart from Rome or if I should leave from Milan.

From Rome, I'll likely be travelling through Tuscany and head over to Venice. From Venice, I can then decide whether to return to Rome or go to Milan. I'm just not sure if it adding another city would be cramming too much, and what Milan has to offer.

Thanks

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milan or Rome

Hi

My wife and I went to Milan and Venice in June 2003 for the first time and we used the train to move between the cities. I have posted a trip report with a few pictures on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com. Maybe you can find some useful information there.

Regards

Gard

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
56 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milan or Rome

Hello, I'm Simon from Milan.

I can tell you that Milan is a great city for having fun and go out for dinner. It's a great place for shopping too. In May you should find a good weather. In another part of the year, I would tell you to spend just one day in Milan - for shopping. But in Milan, the city is great.

After that, Milan is close to Como's Lake (where George Clooney has a villa) and to Bergamo, very interesting city to visit.

Milan deserves a visit in May !

Last but not least, if you read Da vinci Code a must is to see "the last supper" in Milan.

I hope I've been usefull.

Simon

ps my email is simonttx@yahoo.com