We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping Festival at the Fair Grounds

Houston
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping Festival at the Fair Grounds

I've been advised that there is a shopping fesitval in Milan at the Fair grounds every year. There are vendors from all over the world selling everything from clothes to food and art work. Does any one know the name of the festival and when does it take place?

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping Festival at the Fair Grounds

hmmmm a bit too generic omeyersiii.

One of the most famous open air fair is called Oh bej Oh bej! and it takes place during and around the 7th of december, Milan's patron day.

There's an antique fair in the Navigli area at week ends, not sure if it is held in winter too though.

Then there the Fiera di Milano, and that's probably what you refer to when talking about Fair grounds.

If this is what you are talking about have a look at this for a list of events:

http://www.fieramilano.com/

Italy
Level Contributor
83 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping Festival at the Fair Grounds

I think you might be referring to the L'artigiano in Fiera, a fair that they hold at the exhibition centre every year with vendors showing off arts & craft. I've been for the last two years and it is quite fantastic - extremely crowded but really good fun. They section of the exhibition into different world regions and also regions of Italy.

Here's a link to it, in Italian, but hopefully you can make out some things:

fiera-artigianato.com/artigiano_fiera/af2005…

Houston
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping Festival at the Fair Grounds

Gentlemen, thanks for the info. You were correct. I've been there once and it was awesome. I couldn't remember the name. I am now trying to find a hotel. The last I went (last year), I stayed at the Hilton near the Central Station. Any suggestions of an excellent hotel for seeing the beauties of Milan?