We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving - Genoa to Milan sights to see?

SE Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Driving - Genoa to Milan sights to see?

I will be in Genoa on business for 4 days in a few weeks, flying in/out of Milan and will have a rental car. Tours of the sights in Genoa is already planned.

I will have 2 free days in the Genoa - Milan area. I have read about things to do in Milan. What about things to do/see within an hour or two of Milan, especially on a drive from Genoa, since I will have a car?

Germany
Level Contributor
200 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving - Genoa to Milan sights to see?

If you are there you should make a short visit to COMO:

http://www.comune.como.it/como/eng/

It's 40 minutes by car from Milan downtown and a very nice small city at the lake where you can do shopping and some sight seeing.

It's actually a University town with a lot of bars, cafes and restaurants.

From there you can also take a ferry to visit Bellagio...

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving - Genoa to Milan sights to see?

I am not sure when exactly you will be in Italy (ie. how the weather will be at the time).. in case it is sunny and relatively warm I would suggest visiting small sea side towns on the Italian Riviera.... Santa Margherita Ligure , Porto Fino, Rapallo etc.... actually you could venture out to France, visiting Monaco and Nice if you so wish.... within reasonable driving time.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving - Genoa to Milan sights to see?

Going to France would mean going the wrong way...Como is also out of the way.

As said above best bet is visit seaside towns like Rapallo and Portofino, worlwide famous.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving - Genoa to Milan sights to see?

Milano76:

Yes of course France (Monaco, Nice) are not on the way fom Genoa to Milan... but driving from Genoa to Milan is not a long trip... it is not as if you are driving from Rome to Venice... so my assumption was that 'Boidz' could consider this side trip while still based in Genoa before getting to Milan (same as the side trip to Portofino... not really on the way)... how long is it to Milan from Genoa ? If I remember correctly it was a 2.5 hours drive.