We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you buy Hop-on/Hop -off tickets directly from the driver

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
175 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Can you buy Hop-on/Hop -off tickets directly from the driver

Hi, Although I've seen the tickets for the hop-on/hop-off bus for sale on the web, I'd like to know if you can simply buy them at any stop along the route and just get on. Does anyone know? and are they any cheaper?

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you buy Hop-on/Hop -off tickets directly from the driver

Yes you can, but i dont think they are cheaper.

Ciao

Willoughby Hills, OH
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you buy Hop-on/Hop -off tickets directly from the driver

What is the name of the ho/ho tour company? I've found several site online selling tickets, but I think they are tour companies, not the ho/ho line itself.

United States
Level Contributor
9,571 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you buy Hop-on/Hop -off tickets directly from the driver

The one I used is CitySightSeeing Milano. They have two lines covering different sights.

www.city-sightseeing.it

TAB

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
175 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you buy Hop-on/Hop -off tickets directly from the driver

Hi,

We used the ho-ho bus in Milan in October. We had prepaid our tickets but you can easily pay on the bus and I think the difference is minimal (if anything). The website is:

www.milano.city-sightseeing.it/eng/index.htm

We have done the tour in Milan, Rome, Paris and London and I have to say that in comparison to the others, the Milan tour is not that spectacular - probably because the amount of fascinating architecture and history is greater in the other cities. Most of the commentary referred to things that you cannot actually see now i.e. "this area is where certain tradespeople used to live" or "this place is the youth culture scene - at the weekend".

Although Milan is a great city and has some wonderful buildings (seeing/going on the rooftop of the Duomo is a must) if felt like the dialogue on this tour was difficult to put together.

It was great for us, as we planned our day (shopping, sightseeing and back to the hotel) around the route - but as a tourist outing, it was mostly boring.

Obviously this is my opinion and others may have an opposite one, but that's how it was for us.

5. Re: Can you buy Hop-on/Hop -off tickets directly from the driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, October 18, 2009