We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Milan.

Scottish Borders
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
One day in Milan.

In April, my wife and I will have one full day in Milan. We know next to nothing about this city and would appreciate any suggestions for 'things to see and do'.

spain
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in Milan.

Hi jim! I suggest to ascend to cathedral (Il Duomo) is the best view of Milan and you are in the city center between the exclusives shops and Vitorio Emmanuelle galeries. Another street for good shops (more cheap) is Corso Buenos Aires.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,135 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Milan.

Last Supper at the Chapel. It's about a 3 maybe 4 stop ride on the underground from Duomo. Pre book your viewing time. Also La Scala Theatre Museum.

The gardens around Castello Szforica( not sure of spelling) are beautiful. Displays also inside. Da Vinci spent a large part his younger life working for the duke.

Before you plan Milan check what is closed for restoration. July 2003 the Duomo was covered in Scaffolding and Hessian, la Scala was closed for restoration and the Mosaics on the floor in one of the galleries which represent the Zodiac (mentioned in a few tourist guides) was covered over with a display about the restoration of the sights of Milan. Basically Milan had been Chiuso Restorato...luckly it wasn't August... nothing would have been open!