We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centauro rent a car

Lake Como, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Centauro rent a car

DO NOT RENT A CAR HERE, THEY CHEAT !

Hi, a few days ago I rented a car from centauro rent a car near Malpensa Airport at Milan. You can read my experience below:

It was by far my worst experience with a car rental!

I waited around 40 minutes for the shuttle

There is a reason why they are cheap! They want to charge you by extra costs.

I reserved a car with a full to full fuel policy, but they delivered the car with 75% fuel. When I asked my reservation is full to full they said "the meaning of the full to full is to return the car on the Same level" !!! As soon as I heard that I understood something should be wrong.

After I asked them to refuel the car they simply said they can't!!!!!! And just after I refused to accept the car they refueled the car. It was the worst experience ever! Everyone who rents cars knows that it's strange not to give you the car in full when you booked so.

They also told me that the car is new and there is no need to check it, but the car was full of scratch which we inserted the most important ones in the contract and agreed that I won't be charged for the Minor ones.

But as soon as I returned the car, they told me that the plate has a curve and you have to pay for it! The curve on the plate was so small and I am sure it was there before I rent the car, and it was something we agreed vocaly not to be charged because they are small and we can not write all of them on the contract.

At the end they refused and said I am responsible for everything which is not inside the contract and I have to pay 350€. Even if they want to charge me it should not have been more than 50-60 € However the curve on the plate and scrahes on the hood existed even before I rent the car.

I already talked with my lawyer to go against them. It's important for me to show them they cannot charge everyone as they want.

If you also have the same experience please share with me your documents I will deliver them to my lawyer and we sue them

4 replies to this topic
1 post
1 review
1. Re: Centauro rent a car

We have been left to wait at Terminal 1 on sat the 30th of June, 11 am, for more than an hour with 30 degrees and a 3-year old toddler. Extremely stressful. Then, at the facilities, systems were out of order, and we had to wait for another hour. I won't use Centauro never ever again.

If you are thinking of doing so, please think again.

Edited: 5:33 am, July 08, 2018
Bristol, United...
1 post
2. Re: Centauro rent a car

Do not hire a car from this company!

I booked a car through holiday autos, and the price was cheap in comparison to other companies, too good to be true, 100%, absolutely terrible.

It says a shuttle bus will pick you up from terminal 2, there aren't any signs telling you where to wait, in the end we had to ask inside the terminal, and even then people wern't sure. We waited over an hour for the shuttle bus to arrive and it never showed. I tried calling the office multiple times and every time got an automated message before being cut off. Taxi drivers wouldn't take us to the offices either, so something was strange.

In the end we ended up going and getting a car with Avis as we were totally stuck. I think this company are a total scam, literally terrible. I booked through holiday autos, yet they have been useless too when complaining about this. I've learnt my lesson, if cheap car hire seems too cheap then go for an established company instead, at least you know what you are getting!

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
29 posts
3. Re: Centauro rent a car

Hi Sajjad,

Thank you for sharing your rating of your car rental experience with us.

If you choose the Full-Full option, the vehicle will be delivered with a full or partly full tank of petrol. At the end of the rental, you have to replace the fuel you have used and we will refund you the amount you paid.

Please note all existing damage is registered on the contract when collecting the car and any new damage will unfortunately have to be paid for. The car did not have that damage when you took out that car and had the damage when you returned the car.

When a customer hires a car and does not take out the Centauro Cover, the customer has to assume the responsibility for any new damage to the car this is why deposits are taken.

We fully understand why you may feel so disappointed about the charge we made but the procedure has been followed correctly

Please contact us via customerservice@centauro.net and we will send you the invoice.

Kind regards.

Level Contributor
3 posts
4. Re: Centauro rent a car

DO NOT RENT A CAR HERE, THEY CHEAT ! There is a reason why they are cheap! They want to charge you by extra costs. They charged me extra cost of 300 euro on demage that was before! they didnT SUPPLIED any repair invoice with a breakdown of damage cost or a damage matrix table! just charged without any evidence!

stay away from this cheating company!

Reply to: Centauro rent a car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Milan