We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used B-RENT to rent a car in Milan?

Ta' Qali, Malta
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Has anyone used B-RENT to rent a car in Milan?

I will be in Milan in August with family and was considering hiring a car during our visit. I was checking B-RENT as a car hire company, does anyone has any info/reviews on this? (maybe from previous experience)

Thanks...

118 replies to this topic
CA
Level Contributor
11,456 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Has anyone used B-RENT to rent a car in Milan?

Your safest bet is a major agency arranged directly or through Autoeurope.

Ulm, Germany
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
478 reviews
2. Re: Has anyone used B-RENT to rent a car in Milan?

@Francofool: what a answer: Autoeurope is a broker who uses local or international suppliers.

I'd also like to know if there are some experiences with B-rent, strange name by the way :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Has anyone used B-RENT to rent a car in Milan?

Yes, just returned from Milan where I used B-Rent. Rubbish! They don't answer their phones and they are very disorganised. On my return shuttle ride to the airport the driver said he'd spoken to the office who had informed him I had taken the wrong documents. I only had my invoice and a photocopy of a receipt which they gave me. He threatened that I would have to return to the office do they could check. I told him where to go... he drove off in a huff! Stick to the big companies.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Has anyone used B-RENT to rent a car in Milan?

Yes, just returned from Milan where I used B-Rent. Rubbish! They don't answer their phones and they are very disorganised. On my return shuttle ride to the airport the driver said he'd spoken to the office who had informed him I had taken the wrong documents. I only had my invoice and a photocopy of a receipt which they gave me. He threatened that I would have to return to the office do they could check. I told him where to go... he drove off in a huff! Stick to the big companies.

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Has anyone used B-RENT to rent a car in Milan?

AVOID AT ANY COST. I booked them through RentalCars for my holiday in Rome. Last minute they refused to give me the car and also to return my money because I had a passport from one EU country and driving licence from another (Never ever had a problem renting car with these two documents before, neither it is mentioned in their Terms and conditions that document must be from the same country) additionally they insisted that my credit card in their system shows as debit card, therefore, I have to pay additional insurance charge of 24 euros per day, while when booking the car I already paid for all inclusive insurance. After 1h of lost time at their counter, I gave up and booked at Hertz within 5 minutes where all my documents and credit card turned to work just fine but obviously had to pay double because of the last minute booking. Now for the third week been trying to claim my money back. WORST CAR RENTAL EXPERIENCE and almost ruined holiday because of such unprofessional attitude.

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Has anyone used B-RENT to rent a car in Milan?

AVOID AT ANY COST. I booked them through RentalCars for my holiday in Rome. Last minute they refused to give me the car and also to return my money because I had a passport from one EU country and driving licence from another (Never ever had a problem renting car with these two documents before, neither it is mentioned in their Terms and conditions that document must be from the same country) additionally they insisted that my credit card in their system shows as debit card, therefore, I have to pay additional insurance charge of 24 euros per day, while when booking the car I already paid for all inclusive insurance. After 1h of lost time at their counter, I gave up and booked at Hertz within 5 minutes where all my documents and credit card turned to work just fine but obviously had to pay double because of the last minute booking. Now for the third week been trying to claim my money back. WORST CAR RENTAL EXPERIENCE and almost ruined holiday because of such unprofessional attitude.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Has anyone used B-RENT to rent a car in Milan?

Hi, I'm looking to also rent from this company in January 2018. Robert Z did you use B-rent in the end, or use someone else, would like to know your experience.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Has anyone used B-RENT to rent a car in Milan?

Totally rubbish! Unprofessional. We were told to cal upon arrival in Milan. They didnt answer their phone until the 5th time. Then we waited over 40 minutes to be collected and transported to their site. Stupidly you cannot use a debit card at their counter even if it's the same card that you've made the booking with. It was lucky someone in the party had a credit card. The car we selected said it had room for 3-4 pieces of baggage. The one they gave us could barely fit one case in the pathetic boot. We had to pay more for a larger vehicle. Highly incompetent staff. needed to ask a couple of questions during the trip but they never answer the phone. On returning the vehicle they gave me my paperwork and receipt and we were then dropped off at the departure terminal. Here the driver would not let me go as the office called him to say that I had taken their paperwork! So unprofessional. 100% Avoid!

Ulm, Germany
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
478 reviews
9. Re: Has anyone used B-RENT to rent a car in Milan?

honestly there are many alternatives with same price level available - Brent is usually cheapst if you book long time ahead, just check 2 weeks before your rental again and choose one of the airport locations (e.g. Goldcar) who has similar prices

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,712 posts
17 reviews
10. Re: Has anyone used B-RENT to rent a car in Milan?

Avoid Goldcar. There are hundreds (maybe thousands) of complaints about this company, spread across most of the European forums.

Reply to: Has anyone used B-RENT to rent a car in Milan?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Milan