We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

varenna train station

Which Varenna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Royal Oak, Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
186 reviews
Save Topic
varenna train station

Does anyone know why service from Milano Centrale to Varenna-Esino does not show up on the timetables for Rail Europe or the German rail website? It used to. I've found it on the Trenitalia site but nowhere else and wondered what this means? Has the name of the station changed? Is the station undergoing renovation or something like this? I want to use the service in September to get to Bellagio. Grazie!

United States
Level Contributor
9,571 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: varenna train station

Trenitalia runs the trains there, use their site.

TAB

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,127 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: varenna train station

Trenitalia do not have times online for dates after June 9, but they will probably be identical after. Reservations are neither necessary nor possible for these trains - buy your tickets in Italy.

Edited: 9:24 am, May 18, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,121 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: varenna train station

RailEurope often does not show local trains: it is not reliable for timetable information. The same is sometimes true of the DB Bahn web site.

For accurate information about trains, always use the train operator's web site.

Royal Oak, Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: varenna train station

Thanks! I finally asked Rail Europe about this and was told the same thing. I guess I was surprised to see no info on the German rail site since I had before. So I just learned, it is always best to check the timetables for the railroad running the trains. Thanks again, all! I appreciate the help. Grazie!!

5. Re: varenna train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:41 am, June 22, 2013