We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English-speaking guide for a day from Como

Which Como hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
3 posts
Save Topic
English-speaking guide for a day from Como

My grandmother was from Cucciago, 30 minutes south of Como. My husband and I plan a visit to go to the cemetery to look for family graves and to City Hall to see her birth certificate. The town was leveled during the war and completely rebuilt so there is nothing similar to when she was a child in the 1890s. However, we are interested in exploring around the region if not the city.

We know some "restaurant Italian" and one of us speaks good Spanish, but we would love to find an English-speaking quide familiar with the history of the region to use for the day.

The only thing we have found online so far would cost 400 euros for the day, way beyond our budget.

We will be spending a week on Lake Como (house exchange in Bellano) October 8-15 and will treat this as a side trip.

Any suggestions very greatly appreciated!

1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: English-speaking guide for a day from Como

I suggest Elena, a very friendly guide . Here you can find her contacts

Enjoy Como,

www.elenapedretti.it/tourist_guide.html

Brooklyn, New York
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: English-speaking guide for a day from Como

Thank you. I will write to her. Have you used her yourself?

I am sure we are going to have a great time. We are starting to study the ferry schedules and wondering about drives around the Lake as well!

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
910 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: English-speaking guide for a day from Como

The concierge agency my firm used for its clients offer guides and boat tours for Milan and Como, however I don't know if they can take you to Cucciago. And as for the price I think that for a full day it should be not very different to the one you found. However if you wish you can give it a try. Their mail is info@cinquevie.com

Brooklyn, New York
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: English-speaking guide for a day from Como

Thanks to you also, Destination Expert, for the post. I sent off an email and look forward to hearing from them.

5. Re: English-speaking guide for a day from Como

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 04, 2013