We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cell phone coverage in Italy

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
17 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Cell phone coverage in Italy

I am going to be in Northern Italy (Como Area) and curious if my iphone4 with Verizon will have service?

Tucker, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cell phone coverage in Italy

Wouldn't it be better to ask Verizon? That way you know for sure.

Tucker, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cell phone coverage in Italy

Wouldn't it be better to ask Verizon? That way you know for sure.

Edited: 12:15 pm, September 03, 2012
Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
17 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cell phone coverage in Italy

Wow, what a great idea...duh! I spoke to Verizon prior to a trip to a trip to St. Thomas and I was told no problem, you have complete coverage. Guess what, i had no coverage! I simply am asking for input from someone with personal experience in the area.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,574 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cell phone coverage in Italy

verizon has roaming agreements with Italian providers and they all have great coverage. But guess what? Your iPhone 4 lacks the hardware to roam on any GSM/UMTS networks worldwide.

Edited: 11:33 am, September 04, 2012
Toronto, Ontario...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cell phone coverage in Italy

I believe the verizon plan will still be overly expensive. I would take an unlocked cell phone instead and get a prepaid SIM card. That worked for me.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
144 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cell phone coverage in Italy

My daughter has Telus and pays monthly, she will be going to Lake Como this March.

What is an unlocked cell phone? I'm not techie, no idea......:P

7. Re: Cell phone coverage in Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 04, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Como