We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Lake como for first time and cheaper flights to...

London
1 post
Save Topic
Going to Lake como for first time and cheaper flights to...

Hello would really apprecaite some help as never been to Italy before going to a friends wedding in Como in August the flights from London are more reasonable to Linate instead of Malpensa the bride tells me linate is ok and only 10 mins further than Malpensa so we would like to book Linate however she said a taxi from Malpensa would cost say 100 euros how much do you reckon we would pay a taxi from Linate staying in Hotel Como

The wedding is in the catholic church San Bartolomeo and reception is in Villa Geno Lake com if that makes any sense are we staying in a place in the right location and is going to Linate the right thing to do the flights are approx ��50 sterling per person cheaper going to Linate

Many Thanks to any advice

Rose

Italy
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Lake como for first time and cheaper flights to...

Sorry,

my english isn't so well, but when I understood well, you don't have to be afraid of taking Linate o Malpensa.

If the wedding is in Como citty and your stay is Hotel Como you need a taxi for reaching the citty. Normaly you can reach the city on foot, but with nice clothes, I think it's better to take a taxi.

If you want to stay closer to the church, you can stay in hotel firenze o hotel barchetta, the last one is close to the lake.

But Como isn't so large that you will feel difficult.

I wish you a nice wedding and a lot of sun!!!

Ciao Strega

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Lake como for first time and cheaper flights to...

Don't bother with a taxi, the public transport is good and cheap. Take bus from Linate to Milan's central station (which is an amazing place itself), then take a train out to Como - be surprised if the whole lot costs you more than 15 euros per person.

Arbroath, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Lake como for first time and cheaper flights to...

I go to Como a couple of times a year as my sister lives there. I always fly with Ryanair, but the fly to milan bergamo which is alittle further out, but my flights are never over ��50 per person. Hotel Firenze is a lovely hotel in the centre of Como, my sister used to work there, it's very central and everything is in walking distance from it. My sister got married in Como and it was a fantastic day, be ready to eat all day long - italian weddings are all about eating, we had 7 courses over the day.

I hope you have a great time, whatever you choose.

I'm off again at the end of this month can't wait. ��42 return for our flights too. Excellent.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,661 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Lake como for first time and cheaper flights to...

Linate is a convenient 5 km. east of Milan centre and, if cost is a factor, there is a cheap bus service from Linate to Milan, stopping by one of the metro stations.

Check www.trenitalia.it for trains times and ticket prices for Milan - Como. It will not be expensive. Then take a taxi from Como station to your Hotel if it is not in walking distance.

Australia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Lake como for first time and cheaper flights to...

Hi Rose

Whilst I cannot assist you with your enquiry maybe you can help me with mine :)

I am trying to organise a wedding in Como but am having difficulty as we want it in a Catholic church but they have a rule that only residents can wed in a catholic church there. Can you tell me how your friends managed to get around this or possibly give me a contact email for them.

Thank you.

Regards

John