We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montemezzo

Glasgow, Scotland
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Montemezzo

I am going to stay in the far north of Lake Como, Montemezzo, from 13th - 20th June and would appreciate some advice on sight seeing. Which towns and villages are "must sees" and is it better to travel by car or ferry to most? Also, does anyone know anything about Montemezzo? I know it is in the mountains, yet only 3 km from beach.

Mentioned in this post
Lake Como
Lake Como
Lombardy, Italy
Bellagio, Italy
Level Contributor
141 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montemezzo

Sure the exact name is Montemezzo?Not Tremezzo or something else :-)...I've never heard about it, but maybe just because it's a very very small village...

Glasgow, Scotland
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Montemezzo

It is definitely Montemezzo. I've attached link to the site where I booked.

Glasgow, Scotland
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Montemezzo

holiday-rentals.com/Italy/…p4030.htm

Bellagio, Italy
Level Contributor
141 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montemezzo

Yes a car will be useful if you are staying there, at least to reach the Colico boat terminal.I suggest to visit the central part of the Lake as Bellagio or Varenna by catching a hydrofoil which should take no more than 50 minutes to reach Bellagio, while the standard boat takes at least two hours from Colico.You will see very nice sceneries.Also in the central part of the Lake visit Villa Carlotta in Tremezzo.

In Bellagio visit Villa Melzi gardens or Villa Serbelloni gardens (this last is a private guided tour which takes place at 11 am and 4 pm every day).

If yuo want to go further you can go till Como, which is a nice old Roman city (no colosseum anyway,just ancient walls!).There is a nice shopping area there, as well as in Bellagio.

If you travel by boat it will maybe cost a little more but it will be very relaxing, instead of taking troubles with queues or parking!

Mentioned in this post
Bellagio
Bellagio
Lake Como, Italy
Varenna
Varenna
Lake Como, Italy
Como
Como
Lake Como, Italy