We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where best to go after Como

New York
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where best to go after Como

I am going to be in Como for a few days and would like to drive towards Rome- and leave from Rome- Where is best to stop en route?

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
1. Re: Where best to go after Como

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:37 am, March 24, 2006
Asti, Italy
Level Contributor
919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where best to go after Como

RonniD, it depends on what you like and how much time you have.

If yu have some time and like good wine and food, I would head south spend a few days in Piedmont, then down via Genoa, Cinque Terre, Pisa, Florence, and Rome, with side stops and detours in each place. Or you could go via Emiglia Roma, and cut down through Umbria and Tuscany, stop off at places like Urbino, Assisi and Sienna. So many places, my only advice is don't try to do too many, Italy is not going away you can always come back.

Ciao

Mentioned in this post
Genoa
Genoa
Italian Riviera, Italy
Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre
Italian Riviera, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Umbria
Umbria
Italy
Urbino
Urbino
Province of Pesaro and Urbino, Italy
Assisi
Assisi
Province of Perugia, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
New York
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where best to go after Como

I just want to decide if I should drive or train from Como to Florence (sorry I didn't write the original message correctly). We plan to train from Florence to Rome.

I only have a week this time- and have spent a good deal of time in Italy- but my friends are first timers.

Mentioned in this post
Como
Como
Lake Como, Italy
Florence
Florence
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Como, Italy
Level Contributor
319 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where best to go after Como

It's a good idea to catch a train from Como to Florence bu then you definetly have to drive to Rome.

Chianti - Siena and Tuscany in general has to be experienced by car!

Mentioned in this post
Como
Como
Lake Como, Italy
Florence
Florence
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Siena
Siena