We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bergamo and lake como

Which Como hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
bergamo and lake como

I am visiting both places in october arriving in bergamo around 19.00 hrs. How would i get to como from bergamo and how long is the journey. Would I be better travelling into milan then up to como.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bergamo and lake como

Hi Barbara

There is a train from Bergamo to Como but I think you will have to set off around 18.00 to catch the last one. Check out Trenitalia. You should get all the info you need there.

2. Re: bergamo and lake como

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:12 am, August 31, 2015
Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,465 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bergamo and lake como

There is also a local bus service from Bergamo to Lecco at the south-eastern tip of Lake Como. I have only used it during the daytime so do not know when the last bus runs.

Once in Lecco you can travel round the Lake on the ferry system but check on www.navigazionelaghi.it for the last ferry times and routes.

Abu Dhabi, UAE
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: bergamo and lake como

Barbara

My family did this in reverse - from Varenna on Lake Como to Bergamo - in July. Two little kids and plenty of luggage and we did it by train via Milan. It's two short trips - each less than an hour. As one of the other respondents said, it really depends where on Lake Como you are headed. Make sure you have your Bergamo geography sorted out, too, as it's really two separate towns (high and low). If you're going to the Varenna area, let me know if you want any tips. Fantastic little village.

John