We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Como or Garda

1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Como or Garda

Hi, I need some advice on whether to visit Lake Como or Lake Guarda for 5 days in early Sept. I plan to stay for 3 days in Bergamo while attending the formula 1 in Monza, then I have 5 days to spend at either Como or Garda. I think that I would like to stay in Bellagio at Lake Como or Malcesine at Lake Garda. I want to have a relaxing break but I'd like to have the option of plenty of activities. Do you know if Lake Garda will be warmer than Lake Como?

Can you suggest which Lake will be more suitable for me and possible accomodation.

I plan to spend 2 days in Verona before I travel home.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
242 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Como or Garda

My wife and I and a couple of friends stayed in Bellagio last September around the time of the Grand Prix. The weather was excellent - sunny and warm - and the scenery was just breathtaking. There's plenty to do - lake trips etc - and some good restaurants. Highly recommended.

st lucia
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Como or Garda

Lake Garda is also very nice especialy Malcesine with its beautiful old castle and the cable car which takes you up Monte Baldo with fine walks and breathtaking scenery.

Also from here you can do boat trips on the lake for example down to Sirmione or across the lake to Gardone Riviera were it's very interesting to visit the Vittoriale------D'annunzio's home and museum.

This would be the nearest lake to Verona as you plan on visiting the great city.

Hope you are visiting th G.P. as a Ferrari fan!!!!