We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Hotel Cadenabbia (formerly Bellevue Hotel)

Blackpool
5 posts
Grand Hotel Cadenabbia (formerly Bellevue Hotel)

Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? I understand it is the oldest hotel on the Lake and was in a tired state of repair, but was undergoing refurbishment.

Have read some reviews from 2005 and 2006 which were very mixed.

Does anyone know if the work has been completed, we have booked for September.

My fantastic grave...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
1. Re: Grand Hotel Cadenabbia (formerly Bellevue Hotel)

I saw it this morning (I live near) and out is OK, works seem to be completed.

Blackpool
5 posts
2. Re: Grand Hotel Cadenabbia (formerly Bellevue Hotel)

That's a relief, thank you so much!

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
8 posts
129 reviews
3. Re: Grand Hotel Cadenabbia (formerly Bellevue Hotel)

Just returned from this hotel, which has been refurbished, the bed rooms were excellent as were the bathrooms, we had a lake view with a balcony which was great. However the restaurant was very poor, we booked for waiter service, which we did not get. Breakfast was buffet, thats ok, but you did have to get your own tea/coffee and carry it through a busy restaurant, (not good) Evening meal buffet starter,ok but trays not kept full so were not getting the choice or waiting, plate in hand (not good) for them to replenish trays. 2nd and 3rd course brought to table, desert buffet, again trays not kept full. I dont pay 4star price to be queing for a meal like a 2nd rate cafe, and I dont call that 4 course waiter service. The staff were not particularly efficient, and one lady member of staff was especialy rude towards guests. The restaurant was very busy and overcrowded and at times you had to wait to be found a table, or in our case be told to come back later!!! (not good) The foyer is pleasant but lacking in atmosphere, the downstairs bar seemed to close in the evening, when the bar upstirs opened, (very strange given the number of people staying) and not enough staff on bar upstairs particularly when busy, (they seemed very stressed and couldnt even give a smile) I could go on but I think you get the drift, we did complain and there seemed to be some changes, ie more waiters, but would not go there again.

PS I went to Como 9 years ago and had a fabulous holiday, but it seems to have been taken over by English pensioners!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50,221 posts
89 reviews
4. Re: Grand Hotel Cadenabbia (formerly Bellevue Hotel)

This reminds me of the Hotel Bazzoni near by, mind you that was about 3 years ago, may of changed but, I would certainly not go back to find out,

5. Re: Grand Hotel Cadenabbia (formerly Bellevue Hotel)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 02, 2009