We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Appropriate attire

Which Bellagio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Port Orchard...
Level Contributor
31 posts
246 reviews
Appropriate attire

Hi. I will be traveling solo as a woman of a certain age. My goal is to view gardens and villas. Will I be OK to wear jeans? And, what do I need for dinner time?

Thanks.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Appropriate attire

Hi, We visited Bellagio last year and I think most would say that jeans are fine and it's best to dress for the climate/weather and your own comfort. Black pants are also totally versatile because the choice of top and jacket can make them casual or a little less so for dinner, without having to pack a lot.

Port Orchard...
Level Contributor
31 posts
246 reviews
2. Re: Appropriate attire

The blacks pants are a good idea.

Thanks, I do not want to appear dis respectful.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
Level Contributor
39,474 posts
192 reviews
3. Re: Appropriate attire

Jeans are perfectly fine, it's a very casual place and you should dress in what you feel comfortable with but comfortable shoes are the most important thing to pack.

Port Orchard...
Level Contributor
31 posts
246 reviews
4. Re: Appropriate attire

Thank you.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
76,466 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Appropriate attire

The disadvantage of jeans is that they are usually made of heavy cloth that takes a long time to dry. This can mean that you spend extra time in the laundromat. It might be better to take pants made of a lighter material.

Port Orchard...
Level Contributor
31 posts
246 reviews
6. Re: Appropriate attire

Good point. Maybe I should take each kind. I recently had trouble drying clothes on another trip.

7. Re: Appropriate attire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 27, 2014