We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with comfortable (not hard) beds

Which Bellagio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with comfortable (not hard) beds

We are wanting to stay in Bellagio next September and I am looking for a hotel with softer, comfortable mattresses. (due to hip problem) Many reviews seem to complain of hard beds and it is difficult to make the most of a holiday with no sleep. Could anyone make a recommendation, please?

NY
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with comfortable (not hard) beds

Aside from a hotel with a soft bed, it should probably be on the lake level for you and have an elevator, otherwise Bellagio can be a lot of up and down. I did stay in a place with a great bed, but it is halfway up and then two flights of stairs, so won't mention it.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with comfortable (not hard) beds

We stayed at the Metropole, and I don't recall the bed being hard. It's a nice hotel, right on the waterfront, and an easy level walk to the ferries. www.albergometropole.it

This was the view from our room: nickbooth.id.au/Europe09/…view_bellagio.jpg

Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with comfortable (not hard) beds

Thank you both for your very fast replies!

Sydneynick,I will have a look at the Metropole.

I can manage a few flights of stairs, so if the bed was good maybe I could look at the place you stayed at, also, TravelSmith. Was it Locanda Barchetta?

NY
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with comfortable (not hard) beds

Yes, Locanda Barchetta, it is a B&B.. You have probably read the reviews on Bellagio B&B's. I think they had maybe 3 or 4 rooms and some local people, probably the family, lived up the stairs as well. Some rooms would be up more than a couple of flights. If you want dinner at the restaurant below, whether you stay there or not, suggest a reservation, it was very popular.

At some point you are probably going to be wanting to hike up the town streets for the church, other shops, etc, just be aware they can be tiring esp if you are hauling luggage. In our case it was doable in spite of aging knees. At the tourist info center near the church you can also arrange a hike up to the Rockefeller Foundation grounds on some days, just a warning - it is about 1 1/2 hours up hill and maybe 1/2 hour down, the views are good if it is not too hazy.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with comfortable (not hard) beds

We stayed at the Hotel du Lac which overlooks the lake in early October last year. We liked our hotel very much and found our bed very comfy.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with comfortable (not hard) beds

And I need to add that we are no spring chickens!

Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with comfortable (not hard) beds

Thanks very much Rila.

We have now decided to spend less money on our hotel in Belaggio and made a booking at Residence L'Ulivo - so hopefully those beds will be Ok, too. I have invested in small foam mattress overlay to take in my suitcase, as part of our last trip was difficult due to very firm beds - even in more expensive hotels.

Valla Beach
Level Contributor
371 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with comfortable (not hard) beds

We have booked the Hotel Metropole & the reveiws look good, so looking forward to being there with that beautiful veiw... good luck with what ever you decide on & have a lovely holiday.

9. Re: Hotel with comfortable (not hard) beds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 28, 2014