We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cinque terre

New Jersey
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
cinque terre

going for (2) days should I stay in Monterosa or Santa Marguerta?

United States
Level Contributor
9,875 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cinque terre

When will you be going? What are you hoping to do there? Time of year may effect the better choice.

Will you have a car or be on public transportation? Parking is limited within the Cinque Terre villages but Monterosso has a larger public lot.

Monterosso is one of the villages in the Cinque Terre and Santa Margherita Ligure is outside. I prefer to stay in the Cinque Terre.

TAB

Mentioned in this post
Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre
Italian Riviera, Italy
Santa Margherita Ligure
Santa Margherita Ligure
Italian Riviera, Italy
New Jersey
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cinque terre

We are going in early September - no car. Staying (2) days in Cinque Terre then going to Bellagio for 4 nights - any recommendation where to stay in Cinque Terre?

Mentioned in this post
Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre
Italian Riviera, Italy
Bellagio
Bellagio
Lake Como, Italy
United States
Level Contributor
9,875 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cinque terre

I like Vernazza but have also stayed in Manarola. You mentioned Monterosso which is the largest village and has the best beach.

The park office has a searchable list of approved accommodations and you might start looking there. parks.it/parco.nazionale.cinque.terre/Esog.p…

TAB

Mentioned in this post
Vernazza
Vernazza
3,005 Reviews
Vernazza, Italy
Manarola
Manarola
Cinque Terre, Italy
4. Re: cinque terre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, December 17, 2013