We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellagio: Walking or Kayaking ???!!!

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
313 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Bellagio: Walking or Kayaking ???!!!

hello,

I will be in Bellagio (Lake Como) from 12 pm to 4 pm and I was wondering if it's better to have a 1:30 hour Kayak tour or getting around on foot and walking in the city?

later I will be in Varenna from 4:30 pm to 6 pm. Can I have a Lunch-dinner there and see around in this little time?

How far is the train station?

thx in advance.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bellagio: Walking or Kayaking ???!!!

Most restaurants don't open until 7-7:30pm, some not even until 8pm. So I think dinner is out of the question, but you could probably find a bar that serves pannini and such. The train station is right up the hill to the left of the ferry landing in Varenna. About a 5-10 min walk.

Regarding the kayak tour, personally I would prefer to see a town or village from the "inside" not from the outskirts - which is what you would be doing from a kayak. I guess it depends on how long the kayak tour is. If only an hour or less, then perhaps finish and walk around Bellagio (assuming you are having lunch first from 12 - 1:30pm). The ferry over to Varenna however will probably give you much of the same views as being in a kayak.

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
313 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bellagio: Walking or Kayaking ???!!!

Thx for the information and ideas Cat7115.

I'm trying to get from Como to Bellagio on slow vessel which takes 2 hr on the lake and because of that I'm wondering if taking a kayak tour will be doing something twice.

Also Kayaking don’t let me to have great time for lunch in Bellagio and as u said in Varenna I can’t have a good lunch again.

I like relaxing and having fun and having a special day so I was thinking about kayaking.

How can I spend my time in Bellagio to have special memories?

I appreciate ideas.

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bellagio: Walking or Kayaking ???!!!

Bellagio is all about the cobbled street and stairs so would definitely stay on dry land. Varenna is very small so you'd have time to walk along the lake to the centre then enjoy a bite in varenna cafe which is right buy the lake and lovely.

Tucker, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bellagio: Walking or Kayaking ???!!!

To see/tour those two towns in six hours is very reasonable but adding a kayak tour is not so reasonable. I would change the kayak tour for a walking tour of one of the garden or garden/villa combinations that are open to the public.

In Varenna get panni to go, something to drink and eat on the train back to Milan.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,387 posts
1,543 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bellagio: Walking or Kayaking ???!!!

Hi,

Another vote for doing a walking tour of the gorgeous village.... just walk around Bellagio & discover all the little gems hidden away..its a tiny town with jewels !!

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
313 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bellagio: Walking or Kayaking ???!!!

Thanks a lot for all the notes and ideas.

So I will do that "WALKING" in Bellagio :D and checking for the public gardens available at that time.

Hoping for a great weather too :)

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bellagio: Walking or Kayaking ???!!!

The best is to walk, is the only way to know Bellagio. The Kayaking you can do it everywhere. Than you will arrive in Bellagio by the boat so you will see the view .

Hereford
Level Contributor
329 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bellagio: Walking or Kayaking ???!!!

We used this local company and had a guided kayak tour of just my fiancee and I and it was the one of the most enjoyable and memorable things we did - interacting with the lake itself was fun, plus we got a different almost unique perspective on Bellagio itself and the lake in this area

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g187834-…

Would suggest if you do fancy a kayaking session give Mich an email or through their website as he tailours tours to what you want, or you can hire a kayak and go it alone so full flexibility!

www.bellagiowatersports.com/index.php…

9. Re: Bellagio: Walking or Kayaking ???!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, December 17, 2013