We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Hotel Il Perlo Panorama from Milan....

Which Bellagio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Hotel Il Perlo Panorama from Milan....

We will be arriving at the Central Station in Milan on a Saturday in mid-August about 10:40 a.m. (if the train runs on time). I have not yet purchased train tickets for the 5 of us to Como (or would it be better to go to Varenna?) and then we will need to get from the train station to the Hotel Il Perlo Panorama (about 3 km outside of Bellagio).

What is out best bet from Milan? Train to Como (or Varenna) and then a ferry to Bellagio....and then a taxi I suppose?

Is it necessary (or even possible) to make ferry reservations? A Saturday in mid-August will be very busy I suppose.

Would it be better to train it to Como and then get a driver for our group of five?

Italy
Level Contributor
998 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Hotel Il Perlo Panorama from Milan....

Il Perlo Panorama is located on a hill over Bellagio, so you need a car service to reach it.

But you can also ask them for a transport.

Arriving in Minal, best way is catch a train to Varenna and then cross the lake to Bellagio.

Once there you need a car service to reach the Hotel.

Brezza

USA
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Hotel Il Perlo Panorama from Milan....

Thanks.

Crossing the lake from Varenna to Belagio,,,,will we have an easy time getting the ferry on a Saturday afternoon in August? Do we need reservations? Are there alternatives?

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
524 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Hotel Il Perlo Panorama from Milan....

The ferries don't take reservations, and I wouldn't worry too much about it. There will be pretty frequent boats that day -- about 11 runs between 3 & 7 p.m., counting the mid-lake shuttle, car ferry (which takes pedestrians) & hydrofoil.

4. Re: How to get to Hotel Il Perlo Panorama from Milan....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:56 am, November 15, 2012
USA
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Hotel Il Perlo Panorama from Milan....

In lokking on the Trenitalia website, the tickets from Milan to Varenna are only available seven days in advance. Is that correct?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,742 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Hotel Il Perlo Panorama from Milan....

It is a regional train - and those don't have reserved seats so they can't sell out so just buy them when you reach Milano Centrale. BE SURE TO STAMP these tickets in one of the yellowish/orangish boxes on the platforms - if you don't do this, you can end up being fined by the conductor. Since these tickets aren't sold for a specific date/train, if it is unstamped - theoretically, it could be used on other journeys by someone not being honest.

USA
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to Hotel Il Perlo Panorama from Milan....

Thanks.

I am familiar with the "ticket stamping", but I appreciate the reminder. When I am in transit with a family five, who knows where my head will be and what I will and won't remember!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,742 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get to Hotel Il Perlo Panorama from Milan....

I saw the age of your kids on your other post - thankfully, they are old enough to handle that; the fines can be very significant.

9. Re: How to get to Hotel Il Perlo Panorama from Milan....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, July 09, 2013