We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel by train to and from Bellagio

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Travel by train to and from Bellagio

Hi Bellagio Bunch. Have travel question. Actually two. I need direction to Bellagio by train and ferry etc from Lerici near the Cinq Terre. Then we have to go from Bellagio to Radda in Chianti. I believe the closet station to my destination is "Stazione Ferroviaria" or perhaps Siena?? I know to look at the trentalia site but am a bit lost about ferries or buses. I will be travelling with older portly father who would LOVE a ferry ride. Thanks so much.

Colorado Springs, CO
Level Contributor
57 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel by train to and from Bellagio

gwilie:

We will be traveling to and from Bellagio in May - going from Monterosso in Cinque Terre to Bellagio. Based on my research, I've concluded that the best way to get to and from Bellagio is by train to Varenna and then by ferry to Bellagio. Let me know if you find out differently.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel by train to and from Bellagio

Hi SP,

We will be taking the train to Varenna and then a ferry. Was never able to determine the schedule for this but assume they are back and forth frequently. IF anyone knows when the LAST ferry of the day from Varenna to Bellagio leaves Varenna I would appreciate it. I have also figured out the schedules for the morning trains from Varenna to Castallina. I have got three good options. As I am not too sure about ferries in the morning and as well we will be celebrating a wedding the night before I thought it best not to "micro-manage" this leg of the journey! Have you heard of a little island in Lake Como with loads of ruins and interesting history(pirates!)?? Wondering if it is reachable from Bellagio?? Also my rather constant question for everyone, have you figured out if it is better to get the trenitalia pass or just wing it? If you are travelling by train I would appreciate your thoughts. Have a great time on your journey.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel by train to and from Bellagio

Hmmmm just noticed further down some ferry schedule info. Will check there. Please excuse me for asking the "ferry from Varenna to Bellagio" question for probably the hundredth time on this forum. gwillie

Colorado Springs, CO
Level Contributor
57 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel by train to and from Bellagio

gwillie:

Have you seen the ferry schedule at the website - navlaghi.it/italia/navicomo/indicecomo.htm This is the winter schedule - so there may be additional ferrys in the spring.

By the way, the note there about "service suspended", as I understand it does not relate to service from Varenna. (Apparently relates to some service from Como only.)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel by train to and from Bellagio

S's Pal,

Thanks will check for Spring schedule closer to the date. We are off in June. As we are in Bellagio for 4 days I am not so worried about managing my time so maniacally! I will hop on whatever boat comes my way when it comes. Thanks again