We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rail from Milan Malpensa Airport to Bellagio

Which Bellagio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Rail from Milan Malpensa Airport to Bellagio

Please can you advise me of the trains I would need to catch to get to the Bellagio area. We are flying in from the UK to Milan Malpensa airport on 13th June 2011. if an alternative form of transport is better please also let me know.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rail from Milan Malpensa Airport to Bellagio

From Malpensa, take a train or bus to Milan Central station, from where there are trains to Varenna. Walk from Varenna station down the hill to the waterfront, where you catch a ferry for the short journey to Bellagio.

You can get train times and costs from www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html using a date in the next 7 days to see costs on these local trains.

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,054 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rail from Milan Malpensa Airport to Bellagio

Youìll find the info you need here:

bellagiolakecomo.com/Ing/…

Otherwise put your itinery in google maps and click on the train solution.

Bye :)

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rail from Milan Malpensa Airport to Bellagio

Thanks all very helpful

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
27,785 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rail from Milan Malpensa Airport to Bellagio

The expensive and infrequent direct bus is here www.flytolake.com/home/index.php…

An alternative rail route avoiding central Milan is via Como. Enter Malpensa and Como Nord Lago on http://trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html for times. Times are only available up to June 11 when schedules change, though will probably be identical thereafter. Fares are only available for the seven days after consulting the website. A change is necessary at Saronno. From Como, take bus www.asfautolinee.it/LinkClick.aspx… or boat

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rail from Milan Malpensa Airport to Bellagio

Hi, I just wondered which option you took as I am going in June this year & it looks a little complicated! Many thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
104 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rail from Milan Malpensa Airport to Bellagio

We're taking a similar trip next month. Is it necessary to buy train and ferry tickets in advance?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rail from Milan Malpensa Airport to Bellagio

There is absolutely no point in trying to buy in advance. The trains have no seat reservations and tickets cannot sell out. I don't think it is possible to buy the ferry tickets online.

8. Re: Rail from Milan Malpensa Airport to Bellagio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, April 04, 2013