We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mid-October hotels

Michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
mid-October hotels

Do I need to book Hotels or can I just play it by ear and find a hotel room? Is there anything going on that would make this impossible?

1. Re: mid-October hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:12 am, August 31, 2015
Vancouver,BC
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: mid-October hotels

I have just finished booking our accommodations for October. We will be in Florence,CinqueTerre and Siena. Depending on where you want to stay you may be able to wing it . I researched the places I wanted to stay in and used Rick Steve's guidebook plus the traveladvisor and then proceeded to book. I'd book at least the first couple of nights of wherever you're arriving, then if you want it gives you time to look around. Good luck.

Fife
Level Contributor
13 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mid-October hotels

I travelled to the lakes for 3 weeks last august with three children. I never booked a single night and apart from Aug 15th I found no problems whatsoever. We drove to an area that we all agreed we liked and walked in on spec..it worked every time, we also got some good deals. That said we are returning in October for 5 nights and have decided to book ahead. Good luck have a lovely holiday!